The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Subtrunk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
I am looking into getting a Chalet Subtrunk but need the exact demensions (height, width, and depth). I need to see if I will have enough room in my trailer.

Thanks,
John
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Hi John,

It packs flat, so it shouldn't take up too much room.

John
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
Yes, but I wanted to use it to place some equipment in as well. So I would need to keep it set up all the time.

John
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
Thank you for your pm's and concerns about me purchasing directly from Chalet (who has aparently closed). I am actually purchasing this from another performer so there are no worries. He can't give me the exact demension right now because he is on the road, but I need to call it mine (if I can) before someone else does.

Thanks
John
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
John,

To my knowledge, Chalet Magic is not closed. (I live about an 1 1/2 hours away from the shop.) I'll double-check with George on that.

Michael
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Not sure how these rumors keep getting started but George is not out of business he is only making certain items such as the subtrunk

as for size I ahve to go out to my trailer to measure but what I can tell you in hte meantime is that I put it together 12 years ago and never took it apart since. we store lots of stuff in it and use it like a packing crate.

just get a dolly to wheel it around on.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
Thanks Sam,

That is EXACTLY what I am going to use it for!

Thanks,
John
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is the Chalet web site:http://www.chaletstephens.com

Note that he make the Stephens line of magic now and this keeps him busy, I am sure. Stephens supplied Abbott's Magic exclusively, so it may be the same for George Chalet.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

I've just received an email from George at Chalet Magic. He was on vacation for a week but most definitely is not closed. It would be nice if people would not spread the rumor that he has closed.

Michael
Alexo
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
112 Posts

Profile of Alexo
Order it now. I bought a Doves to Dog box from them and it took George a year to get it to me.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Smile
Aftereight
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aftereight
You scared me when you wrote he closed the shop. I need to buy some things from him... huh

Matt
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
Wow- I wonder where they heard that news!
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
It stems for a few years back that george fell on hard times. with all the knock off builders and some health things he fell way behind on his work, layed everyone off, worked the shop on his own then closed it and moved it. this put him further behind and made it harder to reach him and most people wrote him off and a few weathered the difficult time and patiently waited for their props. and they indeed got them. however from all of that rumors flew all over that he closed to he died to well you get the point.

anyway the good news is he is doing much better and NOT CLOSED and still produces several select items like the subtrunk,wiz kote and other smaller items all of which are some seriously sweet effects and high quality hard to match.

give him a little extra time and he will get you your props. I got all of mine and I know you will get yours.

enjoy the subtrunk or what ever you order from him.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

George has never closed and I'm 99% sure he never moved his shop! The only thing he did was drop his land line and go only cellular on his phone.

The rumors of him closing the shop have really frustrated him.

Michael
JoeC
View Profile
New user
Asia
59 Posts

Profile of JoeC
I concur with Alexo. George is not a dishonest person, but it will take forever if you get anything from him these days. He will take the order and your cash in advance, but it will be so slooooow in you getting it and you will have a lot of frustration.

Another alternative is the Sun Trunk from Fairchild Magic. It is probably the finest on the market currently:

http://www.fairchildmagic.com/fairchild_magic_042.htm
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

I asked George at Chalet Magic if it was okay to post his phone number here and he said yes. If you want to contact him, his number is (423) 747-6259. He said he is so busy that he only checks emails every two or three days.

Michael
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

George also asked me to post his email address:
magicbuilder@aol.com

Please remember he doesn't check his email on a daily basis so it may take a few days to get a response.

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Subtrunk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL