The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Thickness of Stock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
522 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Hey guys

I recently finished up a brick of Bikes that seemed to be a little on the thin side, in terms of stock.
Since I run out, I bought a few single decks, and they seem to be MUCH thicker.
I actually much prefer the feel of the thinner stock, and they way they handle.
Tally Ho's and any of the new E decks feel like theres 70 cards in there now!
Which decks out there offer a thinner stock?

Jack
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
"Stud" brand found in Walgreen's Pharmacy.
I hear that "Alladin 1001" is a thin stock... found on D&D's website:
http://store.dananddave.com/playing-cards/

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Aladdins are not thinner than Bikes. Putting them next to each other on the table here, the decks reach exactly the same height. The smooth finish Aladdins probably feel stiffer/thicker than regular Bicycle cards tho. But certainly not thinner.

I don't know what the Singapore information on Dan & Dave's website is about. These cards (the smooth variety that they sell) have at least been available for years on eBay at least from US based vendors. Also the images on the website feature the wrong box and not the cards they describe. Strange.

As for Stud cards, the thin ones are no longer made and going to a Walgreen's store is most likely to lead you to either of the two newer generations of the cards that are not especially thin or nice, I think.

I recommend Richard Turner's Gold Seal Bicycle cards which are not thinner than regular Bikes either (although I have read claims that they are). They do however feel softer and more pliable.

The old Studs are a lot thinner but in my opinion they are simply too thin for general sleight of hand. This of course is highly subjective.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Rói Heinason
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Rói Heinason
I Actually really do like the studs, even though they are not as nice as the old ones they still feel very soft and pliable. I on the other hand love Tally Ho's after they are well broken in. They're just of so much better quality than the bikes. Also you should know that the Aladdins are really really not my style. Too smooth of a finish and the stock is rock hard. But I do recommend checking the studs out Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Thickness of Stock (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL