The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Please Watch... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
This is NOT a video about magic...but I guarentee that your life will NEVER be the same after you've watched it. I know mine has been changed forever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGE8LzRaySk
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
This is a subject that has chapped my *** for long time. Anyone that gets caught texting while driving should lose their driving privileges for a year. I can see this becoming a bigger problem than drunk driving.

Nick
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Watched 1/3rd of it then shut it down.

Way too gross for my taste. But if it does manage to get the message through some people, its ok.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
As A Firefighter this is all real.... I have seen this too many times, If this video saves one persons life it is worth posting here at the Café... Thank you for posting
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Fabio,

I wish you'd go back and watch the entire PSA.

Until I saw this video, I was an offender. I would "text or email" while I was driving. Not often, but occassionally. NEVER AGAIN! What did it for me, was the little girl wanting her Mommy and Daddy to "wake up" and the close up of the baby who was "unresponsive!"

I have a 2.5 year old little girl. I saw her in that video and it broke my heart.

What's sad about all this is my guess is everyone in that video died BUT the girl who was texting!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Yea, I know about the risks of texting, drinking and / or doing anything that'd distract the driver. A cousin of mine almost died on a car crash because of such irresponsibility about a year ago.

I'm sure a shocking PSA like that is heavily effective, but I'm just not in the mood for so much reality right now.

PS:
Watched the entire piece, I think it does get the facts through. I guess it is pretty worth, then.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Donnie
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Donnie
Texting while driving is dangerous and irresponsible. However, the ad itself is histrionic and condescending. A study on the effectiveness of drunk-driving PSAs (as texting related accidents are a newly acknowledged phenomenon) conducted by the University of Regina concluded,

"Canada's advertising campaigns aimed at reducing drunk driving are more effective than those in some other English-speaking countries."

A dean of the University notes, "In Canada, we're very good at giving people some courses of action and giving them encouragement that they can actually carry that out," said Anne Lavack, dean of the school's faculty of business. "We found that in other countries, like Australia for example, they're very good at arousing fear and telling people how serious it is, but they don't focus on giving them alternatives for action."

In other words fear tactics in and of themselves are not effective. A cinematic depiction of violence may have a visceral impact but to be truly lasting and successful the viewer should be informed and empowered. As I understand it that short clip is actually part of a 30 minute program. Taking it out of context diminishes the overall impact.

-Don
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
"A cinematic depiction of violence may have a visceral impact but to be truly lasting and successful the viewer should be informed and empowered"

Is this not true of all learning -- even magic?
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Please Watch... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL