The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Another Extreme Burn Question (Sorry!!!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
I know this is probably getting tedious now, but I have another question relating to Extreme Burn and I hope someone can help me.
As an Australian , I have to deal with the different size denomination issue (all our different notes are different colours and sizes) and have decided to use the magazine cover solution as discussed in so many threads here. I even have a rough routine in mind, along the lines of using famous male celebrities on the magazine covers like Brad Pitt, George Clooney,etc. and how if I looked like them I would probably have rolls of hundreds instead of fives ( our smallest denomination)
This should work and play fine and I was preparing to make my gimmick when another potential problem occured to me.
Aussie bank notes are of a polymer material,not paper, and whilst making up the gimmick and trying it will answer my questions re the material being suitable, it leads me to my real question.
One of the security features is a clear security panel on one corner of the bills.Is this going to be a problem when I show the bills and should I mix them up so the panel is in different corners or should I leave them all faciong the same way.
It is a great effect and I wish I could just use US bills but it would just not play as strong
Hope someone has some ideas
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Since you're using pictures of American actors, why not change your patter slightly so that U.S. bills would make sense? It should play just as strongly.
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Thanks for the encouragement Brian Tanner , but I think you are wrong on this one. Austarlian audiences immediately wonder why you are using American bills and if they are "trick notes". Imagine someone in the US turning magazines into Aussie dollars that the spec can't spend....... He would rightly say "great trick but what's the point? It's still pieces of paper I can't spend !!!!! When are you gonna do something useful with this magic stuff ? One of the reasons that Extreme Burn and other effects of its type play so strongly is that they play upon the spec's imagination and how they would make money magically appear if they could.

That still doesn't answer my question though......

Can anyone help?
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Quote:
On 2009-09-15 00:43, Daz Buckley wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement Brian Tanner , but I think you are wrong on this one. Austarlian audiences immediately wonder why you are using American bills and if they are "trick notes". Imagine someone in the US turning magazines into Aussie dollars that the spec can't spend....... He would rightly say "great trick but what's the point? It's still pieces of paper I can't spend !!!!! When are you gonna do something useful with this magic stuff ? One of the reasons that Extreme Burn and other effects of its type play so strongly is that they play upon the spec's imagination and how they would make money magically appear if they could.

That still doesn't answer my question though......

Can anyone help?

If I were to change magazine clippings into Aussie notes, I would use pictures of Paul Hogan, Steve Irwin, or perhaps pics of Australian landmarks, as I patter about my trip to Australia. That would make sense! You could do the same with pics of Americans.Turning then into American Dollars, while talking about taking a trip to The States.

Just a suggestion. Do what you feel works for you.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
You will have issue with the Bills due to the material they are made of.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Thanks dinger136. Could you elaborate?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Another Extreme Burn Question (Sorry!!!) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL