The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sharing Our Thoughts About Coin Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
No FLY......Love the name Larry..LOL Thanks
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Great name coined by The Count...
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Quote:
On 2009-09-19 19:01, mike gallo wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-09-19 13:23, foolsnobody wrote:
Despite the disclaimers above for grumpiness I actually have been known to crack a smile from time to time.

Rick, Ya sure that wasn't just gas?

Mike

Mike,

It may very well have been gas that made me grumpy, but it wasn't gas that made me smile. I'm not sure what you meant by your remark, but I'll let it pass.

;-) Rick
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
GETTING DOWN TO BUSINESS >> FINGER PALM BUSINESS THAT IS !!!

Let's do it!!

Let's take our left hand and hold out in front of us...Palm outward, Back of the hand facing us. Spread fingers and thumb apart. .............our focus hear is on our thumb. Let's extend our left thumb as far as we can to the right............................NOW! let us tilt our left hand slightly to the left .....This will in fact make the pad of our thumb become horizontal .

NOW! Let us place a coin flat on our thumb pad ( I use a Silver dollar, though any coin will do).

REMEMBER: OUR THUMB PAD IS WHERE OUR THUMB PRINT IS......OK

As of right now we are basically balancing a coin horizontally on our left thumb. This is extremely easy.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

NOW!!! Let us look at our right hand....Palm towards us.........Straighten our hand and 4 fingers as perfect as we can.....Thumb to the side not touching.

REMEMBER: Our focus is strictly on our hand and 4 Fingers being perfectly straight up and down . ....at this time.

NOW! Let's switch our mind set.................. Leaving our ""RIGHT HAND" as we have it......Switch our focus to our MIDDLE & RING FINGER "ONLY"..........These two finger are pressed together. Our first finger and fourth finger are just riding along side lightly touching each focus finger.

Take our right hand and lay it one inch above the coin on our left thumb."PALM DOWN"
Let's adjust our focus fingers ( Middle & Ring finger) over the coin.............The middle of our focus fingers will now come down on the coin.....NOTE: Our right hand is still perfectly straight..............LOOK AT IT!!
________________________________________________________________________________________

LET US LOOK INTO A MIRROR.................OK
LET US CURL OUR FOCUS FINGERS AROUND THE COIN.........................
NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT: Drop your right arm . Let the "DEAD WEIGHT" of our right arm just hang...Relaxing our right arm 100% ............

It looks as though our right fingers are hanging on our left thumb as the coin can't be seen..............In doing this , The fact that we are using the dead weight principle......Our 2 focus finger automatically adjust around the coin ..The pressure places the coin in the exact spot we need to finger palm a coin "PROFESSIONALLY"........... REMEMBER, No two people have the exact same spot because no two people have the exact same fingers.

REMEMBER: Our first and fourth fingers are lightly touching our 2 focus fingers..........In doing this you will notice in the Mirror the coin cannot be seen.

LET"S DO THIS FIRST AND UNDERSTAND THIS ......Before I "COME BACK" to the next steps.

WHEN WE ARE FINISHED WE WILL HAVE THE PERFECT FINGER PALM!!!! MOST OF ALL "REMEMBER": WE WILL ALL HAVE " OUR VERY OWN " FINGER PALM

MICKEY SILVER
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
580 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
Hello Mickey,

Thank you for sharing these words of wisdom with all of us.

I am sure that your advise will be appreciated.

Best to you.

Tom Wolf
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.
have several new coin vanishes and routines to share shortly just as soon as I can find someone to film them for me.

Now living in Harrison, Ohio
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
580 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
Quote:
On 2009-09-20 06:51, mago wrote:
Hello Mickey,

Thank you for sharing these words of wisdom with all of us.

I am sure that your advice will be appreciated.

Best to you.

Tom Wolf
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.
have several new coin vanishes and routines to share shortly just as soon as I can find someone to film them for me.

Now living in Harrison, Ohio
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
This is such a cool topic! I have never given much thought to my finger palm and have pretty much been satisfied. I spent time this weekend utilizing Mickey's teachings and I'm finding a new comfort zone with coins!

Mickey, thanks so much for your time and dedication!

Mick
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Mickey-

This has to be one of the best things ever to happen on this here Café- Thanks much!

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Carlo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Francisco, California
244 Posts

Profile of Carlo
Don't stop now, Mickey, please!
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Thank you Mr. Silver for your time and effort sharing your thoughts about Magic.
You know why don't act naive.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hmmm coin on a string.

It's almost like a kitty toy.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2009-09-20 03:13, MICKEY SILVER wrote:
....LET"S DO THIS FIRST AND UNDERSTAND THIS ......Before I "COME BACK" to the next steps.

WHEN WE ARE FINISHED WE WILL HAVE THE PERFECT FINGER PALM!!!! MOST OF ALL "REMEMBER": WE WILL ALL HAVE " OUR VERY OWN " FINGER PALM

MICKEY SILVER

OK, I'm still standing here with my right arm dead weight over the coins, waiting for the big finish.... waiting.... Smile

Jim
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
So, has anyone improved their finger palm from where it used to be? Smile

Evikshin
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I have but not just due to this thread, but my usual practice. I must say that between threads like this and most of Tim Feher's videos stressing the importance of the tiniest details in what we think of as very basic sleights I now practice my basics a lot more and with a lot more attention; methinks that I had gotten kinda sloppy with some of the basics thinking "Ahh, I know that by heart" and not practicing them with much care.

Jim
Hare
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Hare
This is my favorite thread on the Café since I've arrived at this wonderful sanctum of legerdemain.
"Better described in The Amateur Magician's Handbook"
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
I've come to realize that the finger palm actually is harder than the classic palm, in that there is a lot of finesse involved that takes a bit of time, as well as performing for real people, to truly grasp. Witnessing Mickey's work, as well as that of Marion has helped me in this regard.

Also, I believe that the finger palm explanation in the Bobo book is not good. It advocates doing it with two fingers. Ramsay himself did it only with the ring finger only. Doing it like Ramsay gave me a much better finger palm, and it closed all windows. Trying to do it the way that is explained in Bobo gave me windows, and an ugly looking cramped hand.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Curtis Kam

In the "Buffet" here on the Café, there is "A Hundreth Pleasant Conceipts - by Curtis Kam" which includes three threads on several aspects of the finger palm by a real coin master: it's a great resource for thoughtful performers
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sharing Our Thoughts About Coin Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL