The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » KIDOLOGY After Thoughts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Well I am just in from Kidology.
I have got to say this is probably the best overall one I have been to.
I got something out of every lecture, Ali Cadabra had some novel ideas, as he usually does. Well done Ali.

Derek Lever showed some children's magic from years gone by, I wasnt sure how this would go down to a bunch of Children's Entertainers wanting to see the latest kids trick, but I really enjoyed it and I think most of the crowd did to. It was very interesting to see how older props and their working were made. Thoroughly enjoyed it Derek.

Michael Diamomd I have know for many years and was looking forward to a lecture all about Halloween and spooky stuff. I see one at KIDabra in August and that was great, so I was looking forward to this lecture as I havent really themed a show for this part of the year. He did not dissapoint. It was really entertaining, some great twists and ideas how to turn props you may already have into Spooky type magic props. Gave me something to really think about. Great job Michael.

Last on Michael J Fitch. this years Blackpool Childrens entertainer of the year.
Michael had a full stage setting with Lights boxes and other stuff. He did a cabaret style childrens show with great illusions, great patter lines, great comedy bits, great pathos bits and an ear that turns the sound on and off, (you had to be there. Great first lecture Mate and I am sure you will get many more. A great ending to a great day. Fantastic Michael well done mate.

Now it would not do for me not to comment on the sandwiches and food for the lunch break. Last year I did say they were not up to scratch. Well this year they were fantastic. All the food was great and all I heard were compliments. So well done Civic for putting on such a great spread.

A big well done to Practical Magic and Albion Magic for a fantastic day of magic and lectures.

As I said at the begining, probably the best rounded full day ever.

Well done Steve for keeping it running smoothly and every one else who contributed to making it a wonderful day.

Till next year.

Jimmy JIMBO Carlo
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
Well said Jimbo. I had a great day and I got away with out spending too much!

It was a good mix of lectures. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy Derek Levers talk but he was great fun and there one or two insights of interest.

Micheal was the highlight for me, I must work on getting more music in my show.
My only dissapoint ment was that there was so much going on I didn't get to talk to you about your trip to Kidabra.

It was great to meet up with old friends and to say Hi to some new ones.

See you all again next year.
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
That's true Colin. We should have talked. def next time we meet up.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
IBM Southport, perchance?

dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation x 2
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
I should be there for Fri & Sat all being well Dave.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Good stuff, Jimmy - must do some eating!

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
I'm at Southport for the whole convention - I'm in the show Thursday night, lecturing on Friday and doing the kids show on Sat, so we'll get a chance to catch up there Dave!

Kidology was a fantastic day. All the lectures were great, and Michael Fitch's use of sound was outstanding. Although the Americans are way ahead of us Brits in this department, Michael could give them a run for their money and then some!

Headquarters hotel was the Connaught in Wolverhampton - a strange and magical place where stairs lead to nowhere and any door can provide access to Narnia. Below is a link to the video of my journey from the lobby to my hotel room. This was genuinely the shortest route you could take when following the signs!

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/j......st57.flv

Apologies to anyone who didn't attend kidology on whom some of the in-jokes will make no sense, but watch it anyway!
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Yes Dave. it was funny, we are making a film of it.(Kimmo and the secret of the lost room)or Where do these bloody stairs lead. lmao
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Darn, that was funny, John - was Reception actually just round the corner, when you got your bearings, or did you have that walk of h**l every time you went to your room?

Yup, we must def catch up at Southport - where are you staying?

Jimmy, must do lunch (at least). Then again, maybe breakfast!

Best , all.

Dave

JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Dave I may be going up now on the Wed, I want to see the competition.
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Kimmo, How the heck you going to get time to chat when your doing all those shows plus demming on the stand. You will have to get Charlie to stand in for you.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Quote:
On 2009-09-09 12:08, kimmo wrote:

Headquarters hotel was the Connaught in Wolverhampton - a strange and magical place where stairs lead to nowhere and any door can provide access to Narnia. Below is a link to the video of my journey from the lobby to my hotel room. This was genuinely the shortest route you could take when following the signs!

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/j......st57.flv

Wow, this was like watching the Blair Witch Project! What happened at the end? Did he make it? Is he ok? I was actually expecting to hear Kimmo scream before the camera shut off. Smile

Brian
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Brian
He was to tired to do anything after that walk. We are thinking of adding it the the London Marathon next year. lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » KIDOLOGY After Thoughts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL