The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » New Instructional Video on Youtube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
These kids and their videos. Twist for a day and think you're an expert, worthy of an instructional video.

OK, OK, it's my five year old daughter. Just had to share this. Over the last year, I've seen her confidence skyrocket in herself. She used to give up trying things that she didn't get 100% the first time. For some reason, this is something she really wants to get right, as she is watching me build bigger stuff every day.

No kidding - this is her second attempt at an animal. Ever. Oh, and she and my 2 year old son like to watch BttBvol1 as an entertainment video for them. Mark, you're up there with Tom and Jerry and Disney in my house!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1GdacMRfK4
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
I must say that is adorable. That is exceedingly well done for a 5 year old and only a second attempt. The fact that she got it done with her hand size speaks very well as I know some adults that have trouble holding onto it all. Her vocabulary was also very nice to hear in the days of declining intelect.

Watch out man you might have some competition close to home.

Well done,
Dylan
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Thanks for the kind words Dylan. Our children speak well, because they are in a house with two people who do a lot of talking for a living. I was very concerned about her little hands, but once she got the hang of doubling up bubbls to hold, she was golden. She keeps asking to learn more. It is a lot of fun here right now.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I'll say one thing, she does have determination. Most kids would have given up.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Awww thanks....

Cute kid, my daughter were about her age when they started twisting. Some how around 12 and 14 they lost it again, but pick it up occasionally.

Get rid of the mandarin orange and crystal balloons they are the most brittle balloons to twist. Stick to solid colors whenever possible.

Cool stuff.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Real good stuff. With her hand size it almost looks like she is working with 350's.
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
No mandarin orange - got it. I was about to place a big order, and I will make sure to get the plain orange. I also have a bag of neon colors, are those the brittle crystal stripe too? I assumed if it is not labeled crystal, it's not "crystal" but apparently that is not the case.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Those transparent colors are the worst!
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
I carry 2 "jewel tones" with me, Onyx Black and Diamond Clear. If they ever came out with "Standard Black" I'd be all over it.

Most colors that have a single color name, e.g. red, are called "standard red" to avoid confusion with "ruby red." If there is more than one shade then the names will be like "dark blue" and "pale blue." The good dark purple is called "purple violet."

These are all for Qualatex, by the way.

The neons are a bit "tigher", I guess would be the way to describe it. I wouldn't say they are more brittle, but there seems to be more tension on the surface of the balloons. This is true with the metallics and pearls as well.

Good luck with your big purchase. I spend around $200 on just my 260's per order.
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
Jeff, I use the Bettalic Black instead of the Qualatex Onyx black. I find it sturdier. Most of my balloons are Qualatex with the exception of black.

I am lucky in that we have a balloon distributor and I don't have to go the mail order route. I just accidentally bought a bag of Mandarin Orange 646's. I didn't read the label and assumed it was standard orange. I've done the same thing and accidentally bought Citrine Yellow (crystal) when I meant to buy Standard Yellow.
balloonbob
View Profile
New user
Belvidere, IL
5 Posts

Profile of balloonbob
Very nice, twisters are getting younger each day
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » New Instructional Video on Youtube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL