The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » I'm a Real Rabbit! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Wiz Kid Ee-Gee-Fiki has been performing his "Bye,Bye Bunny!" routine using a very realistic Rabbit Puppet from Folkmanis. The kids all think it's real and want to pet it after the show. That was the main reason why he developed a Pet Carrier that vanishes the bunny at the end, sending it on "another trip around the world" to match his Post Box Production beginning. It's described in The Wizards' Journal #18 on my site, with some photos of the bunny he uses. It's available from Amazon.com for a very reasonable price considering its entertainment potential.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
HI Spellbinder ! It looks like from the photo that it is the Angora bunny puppet. I have been using that one for several years now. I have a great Easter gig coming up on it's third year this spring, and I always bring that Folkmanis bunny out at the end of the egg hunt. The parents love having the kids pose with me and the bun for pix, and in three years, not one person has caught on that it is a puppet ! I even bring it into the building in a pet carry-all, like a real rabbit, to make the effect complete.

I have produced it from top hats, circus wagons, silks, and many other methods. I love this puppet !

Although it is designed for children's hands, I am able to get enough of my mit up there to make the bunny rub his nose with his paws, and wiggle his nose. This is one of the three Folkmanis puppets I still use. The rest (and I had a lot at one time) I gave to my young son, who loves stuffed/plush animals. They just didn't fit my hands.....
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
The first thing Wiz Kid Ee-Gee-Fiki did was to pull out most of the loose stuffing from the insides of the puppet. He left the "packaged" stuffing alone, but by getting rid of the loose stuffing, he made the puppet more flexible, able to squeeze into a smaller space, and able to accomodate even my big arthritic hands. Of course, his goal was to simply be able to squeeze the puppet into a smaller hidey-hole, but I noticed the other advantages right away.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » I'm a Real Rabbit! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL