The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The answer is blowing in the wind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Mary Travers, the female third of ’60s folk group Peter, Paul and Mary, has died, according to her publicist. Travers was 72.

She died from side effects of treatment from a successful bone marrow transplant, publicist Heather Lylis said.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
Quote:
On 2009-09-16 22:23, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Mary Travers, the female third of ’60s folk group Peter, Paul and Mary, has died, according to her publicist. Travers was 72.

She died from side effects of treatment from a successful bone marrow transplant, publicist Heather Lylis said.
What wold have happened if the transplant wasn't successful?
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Side treatment?

Sorry to hear about her dying. Interesting fabricated folk group.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
This was truly a unique group, and I am fortunate to have seen them several times during my life. I once described their music to a friend of mine as "sounding like it is coming from inside your own head".

They'll be missed.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
In my cab driving days in NYC I picked her up as a fare, after their heyday was over. Nice, unpretentious, good tipper. She spoke mostly about her daughter. Sad to hear this news. Their harmonies were quite wonderful.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I don't recall knowing anyone by the name of Peter.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2009-09-16 23:56, Josh Riel wrote:
I don't recall knowing anyone by the name of Peter.

Have I missed something?!?!?!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
"Fabricated"?? Not the word I'd use.

Remember, they were from the day when folk music BY THE ACTUAL FOLK was too intense (or whatever) for the public at large (whitebread America) to accept - you needed college boys like the Kingston Trio to preface every song with its academic history, and deliver it sweetly, and remain "well-scrubbed."

Which is why I never fell in love with Peter Paul and Mary - too bland for me. But they were (and earned their place as) icons of American music.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
First Swayzwee, Henry Gibson, and now Mary. Happens in threes. I swear it does.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Kinda pushing the 'celebrity' factor here aren't we?
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
All it takes is ...

Puff the magic dragon.....
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
BCaldwell, good catch. Reminds me of the Dr who visits the waiting room after performing surgery and tells the spouse there was good news and bad news. The spouse says so tell me. Well said the Dr, the good news is the operation was a success. Oh great said the spouse and the bad news? Well said the Dr, the patient died.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Sad.....I like their music. One of the songs we do when we perform is Dylan's, Blowing In The Wind". My daughter sings it, and even though they were long before her time, she is a big fan of. My favorite song is Paul Stookey's, "The Wedding Song There Is Love)", which he wrote and recorded after Peter, Paul, & Mary had split, but I still think of it as a Peter, Paul, & Mary song. That song is possibly my favorite song to play on acoustic guitar!

R.I.P. Mary Smile

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The answer is blowing in the wind (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL