The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Renaldo
View Profile
New user
The Great Pacific NW
83 Posts

Profile of Renaldo
Hi all!

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've gotten a lot of really good info on this forum, and read a lot of posts that inspired my own creativity and sent me in a completely new directions on thinking on things.

First off, let me say this: I am not a magician. To think of myself that way would be an insult to anyone out there that really is. I consider myself a collector, an interested amateur, and am working on becoming a creator. Put another way, I've got short, fat, slow fingers and I'm too old for that to change enough to make a difference! That said, I'm trying to put together a busking style show and a strolling type show for a 24 hour outdoor charity event my wife and I am heavily involved in. I have a year there, so I think I've got some time to get a few 'simple' things nailed down.

My main interest is in cards, and always has been since Christmas '78 when I got an Adams magic set that included a Deland's deck and a Svengali deck. Sponge rabbits, sand filled wands, and ball cups be darned! There was real magic in those cards! Do any trick from that set for an adult or older sibling and at best I could hope for a condescending nod and 'very nice, yes'. Do any self working trick with either of those decks and I imagine the reaction was about the same as if I'd made a 747 disappear while levitating and sawing a woman in half!

I joined because I finally found an email address the forum software would take, and because I think I now know enough to be able to ask a somewhat intelligent question, if not sometimes come up with a somewhat intelligent answer every now and then. Don't hold me to this! I'm also an occasional freelance writer, and am willing to provide help to other members that may be trying to put something together and not be as skilled in that area as they are in magic.

Sorry if this went on a bit longer than I had planned, but I wanted all of you to know me as well as I feel I know many of you.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Welcome to the forums Renaldo. There is plenty of help to be had here.
Always remember to try to do a search for what you are looking for before asking a question.
Most questions have been asked a ton of times before and there are a ton of answers already available.

Enjoy your time here.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Renaldo
View Profile
New user
The Great Pacific NW
83 Posts

Profile of Renaldo
Thanks Slyhand! No worries, I may be new to magic, but I've been using the internet since before the world wide web had graphics. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL