The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Wings of Warsaw Production Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Does anyone know if these are still being made? If so, where can I purchase one? Thanks
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Fielding West sells his version of the Warsaw production here. I believe it's the same as he shows on his DVD set. I meant to call and talk to him about it.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I've never heard of this production. Can someone describe the effect?

Steven
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Hey Steven,

I tried to find a clip of Fielding performing it on YouTube, but I couldn't find one; I'll try to search some more later.

Effect: The magician shows a handkerchief (ungimmicked) to the audience, then drapes the handkerchief over his hand. The handkerchief is whisked away, and a dove appears from underneath.

Johnny Thompson published the "Wings of Warsaw" production in his book 'Polished Polish Prestidigitation.' Fielding's site says it's "his" version, but I'm not sure what the difference is; that's what I was going to call him about. It's very easy to do - maybe the easiest body load production out there.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Alexo
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
112 Posts

Profile of Alexo
I've been looking for that production! I'm gonna see if I can find Thompson's book. The Polish in me is very interested in what another Pol has to say. Didn't know the name of that until now. Thanks.
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Small world, I'm polish too. (No jokes please.) If you find the book, PM me the source. I'd like to read more about this production, because I've never heard of it myself.

One of my favorite dove productions is Johnny Thompson's hat steal. In my opinion, that's the best no body load dove production I ever saw because it's so deceptive if it's done well, the audience never sees it coming. AND, it's very easy to do.

Steven
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

I'm not familiar with the hat steal you refer to, Haywire. However, Channing had a great one if it's similar....he never came near the hat if his angles were good.

Your best bet if you wish to find out more about the Warsaw production is to either buy the production from Fielding or get his DVD set and make your own. I've not made one, but it seems like it'd be rather simple to do. Everything but measurements are given on the DVDs, and you can go off the size of your bird and other bags you may use for those.

Johnny Thompson's book was published by Jeff Busby back in the early eighties, and they can be hard to come by now. I don't know anything about the dealer, but there's one listed here, fourth from the bottom, for $75.
Michael J.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Don't leave Johnny Thompson out of this one. He has a lot to offer.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
The hat steal is not from Johnny Thompson !
Channing Pollock did it in his act, and it was inspired by Tony Marks rabbit production.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I use to have the Johnny Thompson book, and the only dove production in it was his Saran Wrap bird production, he performs as an encore piece in his classic Great Thompsoni & Co. act. Johnny Thompson only does one type of dove steal and that is the direct dove steal. He does not vary his production methods. The book is mostly close-up card magic, and I really don't remember any other dove production in the book.

Johnny Thompson does have a dove bag design that looks like a boat and completely covers the bird from head to tail.

Norm Nielsen sells his dove bag in several colors for $45.00. There is no DVD or written detailed production method or moves given in the instructions. The bag uses music wire for the line. No dove pocket accompanies the bag.
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Johnny Thompsons production is shown and taught in his Stevens magic video library video.
It is a different steal than a direct steal and the bag is a different design as to let the bird slip out of the back of it.
It is a great production..Fielding West presents it by having audience members slap his silk covered hand to prove there is nothing underneath.
Then he whisks the cloth away to reveal a live dove... He then says something about the bird having a massive head ache..
Again, It is not a traditional body load/steal or bag.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Wings of Warsaw Production Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL