The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » newest book test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
Dear friend in Magic

I will soon market this item:
a triple book test and I believe it is the best book test will be in the market (I bought almost all booktest in the market to compare it... believe it or not!)
the effect will be:

1. spectator think (yes, they never reveal it) any page number, open it and choose a word in any line he likes, and you while your back is turn is able to reveal his/her inner thought!

2. spectator choose a book , find a word (no force), write it down to a name card and slip it inside the book. then the book is again sealed inside a Ziplock bag.
and... another spectator will reveal the word! (yes, another spectator)

3. spectator choose a page, tear it to small pieces of papers, choose one only to choose another word... and you have a prediction that match the chosen word!

here is the best part!:

1. the books is ungimmicked!
2. can use any language!
3. no marking, forcing, pumping, anagrams, key word or any other things that used in many book test!
4. can be done for close-up, stage and impromptu! anytime, anyplace!
5. oh yeah, nothing is written down for the first effect!

I know this look a pipe dreams, but no! i made this about a years ago and used it in all my professional shows. because i must somehow find a way to duplicate the best book test available such as "flash back" or "MOABT" (mother of all book test) in my language and also find a way to give the books to the spectator at the end of the show for the souvenir.

so here it is after years of experiments comes my own "Nocturnal Book Test"!!!

right now I'm dealing with elmwood magic, since they done a good bussines with my last invention "IMP-Prediction" that probably will be in the market this summer

and what I like to know is how can i get a help from you guys who capable enough to review my baby.

thanks for all of your attention!
I READ MINDS.... YOURS TOO.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I will, if it doesn't cost too much. (I'm not a millionare)
ThorstenHappel
View Profile
Loyal user
Düsseldorf / New York, NY
203 Posts

Profile of ThorstenHappel
As mentioned elsewhere: I am looking forward to the publication. Good luck with this.
Thorsten
-----------------------------------------

"If this be magic, let it be an art ..."
-- William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, Act 5, Scene 3
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Mindgames,

sounds interesting. You'd better send it to some well-known performers for reviews first: with all the crap on the market, you will hardly manage to sell it without respectful quotes
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
sounds very interesting, any dates on when it will be out?
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
Yes, right now Mr Tom Cutts just give a very nice review on it, and i believe banacheck and Ian Rowland will too.
I still dealing with the elmwood now.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
that's great to hear MindGames, I can't wait till it is on the market. I have tons of book tests and don't like a single one.

Lee
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
This sounds really similar to Tim Conover's booktest. If it uses the same method, you are gonna get a lot of flack for that.

Also, It takes some serious cajones to pull it off.

Cheers,
James

Quote:
On 2003-06-08 22:29, mindgames wrote:
Dear friend in Magic

I will soon market this item:
a triple book test and I believe it is the best book test will be in the market (I bought almost all booktest in the market to compare it... believe it or not!)
the effect will be:

1. spectator think (yes, they never reveal it) any page number, open it and choose a word in any line he likes, and you while your back is turn is able to reveal his/her inner thought!

2. spectator choose a book , find a word (no force), write it down to a name card and slip it inside the book. then the book is again sealed inside a Ziplock bag.
and... another spectator will reveal the word! (yes, another spectator)

3. spectator choose a page, tear it to small pieces of papers, choose one only to choose another word... and you have a prediction that match the chosen word!

here is the best part!:

1. the books is ungimmicked!
2. can use any language!
3. no marking, forcing, pumping, anagrams, key word or any other things that used in many book test!
4. can be done for close-up, stage and impromptu! anytime, anyplace!
5. oh yeah, nothing is written down for the first effect!

I know this look a pipe dreams, but no! i made this about a years ago and used it in all my professional shows. because i must somehow find a way to duplicate the best book test available such as "flash back" or "MOABT" (mother of all book test) in my language and also find a way to give the books to the spectator at the end of the show for the souvenir.

so here it is after years of experiments comes my own "Nocturnal Book Test"!!!

right now I'm dealing with elmwood magic, since they done a good bussines with my last invention "IMP-Prediction" that probably will be in the market this summer

and what I like to know is how can i get a help from you guys who capable enough to review my baby.

thanks for all of your attention!

Still with the Chinese circus Smile
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
No... this is different!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Deddy,

Can we finally know what happened to your SOON TO MARKET (in January 2003) awesome book-test?

I recall I was very interested in knowing more about it (and I still am) so, please, let us know what REALLY happened with this product...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Yes, Deddy....when is it coming? If it is half as subtle and successful as "Free Will", this should be good.

Oh..and if you send me a copy, I will be happy to review it and return my eternal thanks!
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Yes, I've read his answer already...

But he said the same thing about his book test getting ready to be sold TWO YEARS AGO...

So I hope, this time, what he says is true! Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » newest book test (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL