The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dark Museum book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
For those who have it....there are many routines that utilize various Higley Props.

I have the Monkey's paw dark museum set on order. A few routines in the book use this set, or pieces of it. And then there are many other routines using other props; Hand of Glory, Pirate's toes, fEarling, shrunken heads....etc.

Im not looking to spend a fortune buying every prop, so for those who own the book and do the routines, which prop would you say should be at the the top of my list to purchase? One that give me maximum milage using the book

I will be working formal settings...in homes...seated at a table

thanks
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I think one of the true values of the book, as I think is true of all great bizarre magic books, is to serve as an inspiration. I own my fair share of Doug's props and am waiting patiently on a super monkey paw, but I don't own everything used in the book. That doesn't mean the routines in the book that use pieces I don't have are of no value. Indeed, they may be of greater value as they force me to be creative.
What would Wavy do?
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Both you guys stuff was mailed yesterday. Smile

btw: Almost ready to ship is (one set only) the Three Head Dark Museum with 3 shrunken head props. The REAL prop version of 3 No Evil. The set Tony Jones of AU raves about and uses every show. I'll put a sale price on it TODAY only 9/27, this post only, save a HUNDRED! 1st to eMail me.
$150 + $10.

To answer the question though , I'll turn it back to those who would know...but I think you have what you need in the ETMP. Maybe a HAND might be a good addition.
And mark gave the best advise...be creative. Smile

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Hazzah! Sorry, I was having a Renfaire moment! Thanks Doug, I've already constructed the other something to make this monkey paw dance.
What would Wavy do?
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Thanks

I was leaning towards the hand as it does inspire.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
3 Head set sold. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Last night I sat down with the Dark Museum Book and took notes. Great material. Great ideas.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Just received my Dark Museum set...Toe, ear and money paw.

This is some fine craftsmanship, Doug. I'm blown away. Ideas are already starting to percolate.

Thanks again

c
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Have had this book for about a week now, and I must say some very powerful magick in this one. A LOT of magick for the money. Thanx Doug And Mr Magus, and everyone who contributed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dark Museum book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL