The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Gimmicked Ropes... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ojasa
View Profile
New user
U.S.
77 Posts

Profile of Ojasa
I am designing a street act that the set up and the take down are all part of the show... In it I wanted to use the 20ft of rope being used as a barrier for a rope through body...

I want the spectators to pull it through, so you can guess the kind of gimmicks I want to use... (we have to be careful with exposing methods on this one)

I have a large Black Nylon cord, that I want to insert the gimmicks into...

So far I am using Instant Krazy Glue to stiffen the rope, and a black sharpie to touch up the color... I am going to try again soaking it in Elmer's...

What else do you use to prepare the rope?

Does anyone manufacture a rope through body that uses this kind of gimmick...

Thanks
Ojasa
Smile
that magic is an art, and an art worth your learning. The question is rather, whether you be capable of learning it? Magic is somewhat like poetry, men are to be born so: I mean, with inclinations to it, though both may be heightened by discourse and prac
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
This effect can also be done without a gimmick, check out Flip's or Daryl's video.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Ojasa
View Profile
New user
U.S.
77 Posts

Profile of Ojasa
I will look into those... I have not seen them, to my knowledge...

Can a spectator pull the rope?

I love the clean look of the gimmicked version...

Has anyone made one?
that magic is an art, and an art worth your learning. The question is rather, whether you be capable of learning it? Magic is somewhat like poetry, men are to be born so: I mean, with inclinations to it, though both may be heightened by discourse and prac
japanjazzy
View Profile
Regular user
Crestview, Florida
139 Posts

Profile of japanjazzy
I am not at home right now, so I can't tell you the name of some of the books. I have seen this done without gimmicks. Yes, you can do this without gimmicks and you can have them pull it through. Check out the Encyclopedia of Rope Magic.
Michael
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
By all means, use one of the many ungimmicked methods. Otherwise, your venue is too exposed.

Enjoy!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Gimmicked Ropes... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL