The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Duplicity by John Bannon or Alpha to Omega by Stephen Tucker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Yes omega requires a table...the cards cannot be set in the spectators hands.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Duplicity and Alpha to Omega DVDS arrived today. I'm looking forward to watching them when the family goes to bed.

~Joe
~Joe
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I finished watching them. I do this just for fun, so take that into account.

Alpha to Omega is a routine for someone that has performance experience ( meaning they're comfortable palming cards ). The teaching is excellent and anyone can learn the routine if they put in the time. You'd have to be a performer or dedicated hobbyist. You end clean, so that's a big plus. The DVD is filled with routines and ideas for using the basic idea. You get your monies worth and then some.

Duplicity is for everyone. With just an Elmsley count, I think even beginners can learn it very quickly.

For Alpha to Omega, I'd have to put allot of work into learning it and just don't have the time or dedication. My loss I guess, because they have an absolute free choice in the ace they choose.

These DVDS are both winners, but for me, Duplicity is the trick I'll learn. Twisted Sisters didn't have you end clean, but Duplicity is examinable and that appeals to me because friends and family always want to see the cards. Also, it has no palming. I've learned to palm, but just don't feel comfortable doing it when I do a trick.

Just my 2 cents.

~Joe
~Joe
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
It's a great trick but indeed, you must be very experienced with palming.
The last phase of the trick is a problem for me because you can clearly see something that gives it away I think.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I spent hours today watching the Alpha to Omega DVD and learning the routine.

The DVD has a tips section and Mr. Tucker tells how to eliminate one palming moment that for someone like me, would be very awkward ( and would put a serious heat crimp in the cards due to my over clenching ). This tip works for sitting or standing.

By incorporating this tip, the cards are not in the overly bent condition and look very good.

Well, this has been quite a morning because I'm so excited about Alpha to Omega. Duplicity I can perform now. Alpha will take some work to get it smooth, but it's achievable.

I kept at it because of the valuable tip and that they can name any ace. It's an absolute free choice. That's what attracted me to the routine in the first place.

Anyone else have this yet?
~Joe
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Quote:
On 2009-10-17 04:22, patrick66 wrote:
It's a great trick but indeed, you must be very experienced with palming.
The last phase of the trick is a problem for me because you can clearly see something that gives it away I think.

I don't think you have to be very experienced. In fact, I think this effect is a good way to learn the technique. There is no heat on any aspect of it, as the routine is constructed so well.

It is far more difficult to perform standard tricks (CTWallet, pocket, whatever) that use the same techniques.

Just my opinion,

Liam.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yeah, I think the technique here is very easy due to the fact that your "dirty" hand is always doing something.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
I like duplicity but have ordered alpha...i would like to try and stretch my skills a little and learn some new things
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
I have both of these now...duplicity is easier to do...but I think alpha is more complex and effective...interesting instead of 4 aces I got four jacks with the trick...
BustedFinger
View Profile
New user
Virginia
66 Posts

Profile of BustedFinger
I have been looking at B'Wave, Twisted Sisters and Duplicity trying to decide which one to purchase. I think I have decided to go with Duplicity. I have a question for those who already have it. Since there are no gaff cards (besides the blanks) could you conceivably do this trick with any combination of cards? For example, could the blank cards be replaced with Dueces? Or any other odd cards? And as far as that goes, could the trick be done with something besides Aces? For example, could you use Queens instead of Aces? Thus re-creating the TS effect but being completely examinable?
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Yes to all, you have free range to use the cards you wish to use!

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Duplicity by John Bannon or Alpha to Omega by Stephen Tucker (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL