The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Need help with a Lobby Poster (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
PM sent to slyhand.
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
This poster has been in the lobby of the Watermark Grille for 11 years in 24" x 30" size. Every couple years I add more wrinkles.

And then on each table is the top postcard from here:
http://keithgraphics.com/Postcards.html

Click here to view attached image.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Nice work, Keith.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Again, thanks to everyone for posting.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Here is Branden Darcel's who is on these forums, click on it to see it better

"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
This one isn't for a restaurant, but could very easily be done!

"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Figment
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Figment
If you still need a hand (or if anyone else does), send me a PM. My best friend is a working Graphic Designer (I think he's on either his 15th or 16th year) and I'm a photographer (for about 5 years now) and am going to school for GD and Photo.

Obviously for me to shoot you, you'd need to be in the Oklahoma neighborhood (my travel budget isn't THAT awesome). Design advice and what-have-you can be done via the internet though....
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
The examples given here are truly inspirational! Thanks, guys!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Ideally the company that does their advertising should be doing it, with some input from you and your promotional pictures. That way it's going to match their existing stuff.
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Wonderful ideas to draw inspiration from. Great layouts and designs and colors and lighting (especially).

Understandably, the design of Whit's would never work for others' styles, but it jumps right out there in its simplicity and color and strength and boldness. Between the smile and the focus that takes you right to his eyes, for me, anyway, that poster tells me everything I need to know, to want to go see his show.

The viewers of the poster are told plenty about the show and his character and what to expect, and yet it feels like we probably don't know the half of it! Something tells me he's a con man, a sneaky one, but with the devilish smile that says "Come along with me; I'm going to show you a great time". And then he delivers. I like the way the eyes are led in a triangle to the cards then to the hand pointing (for me, anyway). I think coming up with the successful portrayal of so many elements of the show on a single poster, to deliver a feeling - there's a lot of art in that poster, and I have a feeling it represents the show well.

I think Branden's posters are wonderfully done as well. The photography is beautiful, and he's got plenty of branding going on there. And just like Whit's, that ubiquitous smile that says "Come see the show". It's a different kind of smile than Whit's, more trustworthy and fun than sneaky and mischievous. Though a smile doesn't suit many other people, these two seem to wear them well, and the photographers and layout people captured that and delivered it.

I wish I knew how you're able to have the photos inline like that, so they're visible while you read. And thanks, Tabby. Good to see you around - I enjoyed your book quite a bit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Need help with a Lobby Poster (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL