The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Brass Okito box? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
I personally use an Aluminum box. Find them a bit nicer and easier to use. They also keep their color much better than brass or bronze. I got my dollar sized one from Roy Kueppers. Incredible quality.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I have used the Keuppers Aluminum box. The quality is incredible alright, but I found it too light. I personaly find it easier to work with a box with some weight to it... especially on the bottom. Then again, if you spend enough time with any box or prop for that matter... you will always adapt and work well with it. After all, it is in the hands and the performer... not the box. The design and make of the box simply makes it easier or more difficult.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Joe Porper makes a killer box for Dollar size coins.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
My zee box will hold coin with a [

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Viking makes brass, weight balanced Okito, Boston and German boxes reasonable priced.

http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=470
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of jmagic
Beautiful Jim Zee Boxes are listed at http://www.joemogar.com Both the Okito Box and the Boston Box are in stock and ready to ship. These are Dollar Size and both take the ]
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
David Roth did a killer job designing his boxes. Also, a couple of moves are made easier by these boxes. Refer to Roth's book on Coin Magic. Worth saving the few extra bucks to get this set.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Quote:
On 2010-04-30 11:57, Tom G wrote:
David Roth did a killer job designing his boxes. Also, a couple of moves are made easier by these boxes. Refer to Roth's book on Coin Magic. Worth saving the few extra bucks to get this set.

I totally agree Tom!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I've always liked the Chsbro Buddha Boxes, but haven't expereince with some of the others mentioed.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-05-01 20:21, funsway wrote:
I've always liked the Chsbro Buddha Boxes, but haven't expereince with some of the others mentioed.

I had forgotten about those. They are nice. They have a classy look to them I think.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Quote:
On 2010-05-01 20:21, funsway wrote:

Funsway,

Does your Chazpro Slot box accommodate an expanded shell?
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Since this topic is Brass okito box. Years ago Michael Skinner, and I had been talking about Okito boxes. I was looking to buy one at the time. He told me make sure to buy one that is brass. I had worked with them a bit before and had already seen some that had not been brass. So I knew why he said what he did.

Someone early on in the thread mentioned Ray Kuppers Mojo Boogie Boxes. They are made in aluminum. Even tho nicely made the weight makes them harder to work with. You really want an Okito or Boston box to have a nice little heft to it. Too light and it's a chore to work with. The M,b,b. are just that. a chore. Mind you they aren't unusable just harder to work with. Any working pro I have even seen do an okito box routine has always used ones made of brass. The reason being is the weight. Stick with brass. You won't regret it.
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Speaking of heft, the Lassen boxes are very chunky, but I think he is no longer producing them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Brass Okito box? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL