The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Disneyland: Main St Magic Shop Re-Opening! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
Forgot, there was also a huge binder with about 350 magicians' cards in it, from Annemann to Vernon. I think they wanted between $3,000 and $4,000 for it.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2010-02-01 14:10, zimsalabim wrote:
Alas the Magic Shop at Walt Disney World is long gone and I would assume never to return it is not sports apparel. Shame too one of my favortite things about the Main Street. There was also a shop just inside fantasyland called Merlins magic shop both were great got some amamzing stuff from those shops in bygo0ne years much of it collectors items these days. The one in TOLYO Disneyland is quite goos some great TENYO item dressed in Disney Costumes Smile

I liked the WDW Fantasyland shop. It was actually in the corner of a large souvenir shop, you could look at the stuff with your back to the crowds getting t-shirts and stuffed dolls. I bought a Flipped Out Fours and a Color Monte as well as a Siberian Chain Escape.

When I was in the Main Street Magic Shop, it was a narrow corridor between two other shops and you couldn't really examine the stuff because you had people bumping up against you as they went from one shop to the other.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2010-06-13 14:56, Doctor Xombie wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-01 14:10, zimsalabim wrote:
Alas the Magic Shop at Walt Disney World is long gone and I would assume never to return it is not sports apparel. Shame too one of my favortite things about the Main Street. There was also a shop just inside fantasyland called Merlins magic shop both were great got some amamzing stuff from those shops in bygo0ne years much of it collectors items these days. The one in TOLYO Disneyland is quite goos some great TENYO item dressed in Disney Costumes Smile

Disney WORLD really needs some kind of magic shop.
I remember going in once when I was a kid. I looked forward to the next time but the shop was completely gone. Smile

I don't know what's on Main Street, but the one in Fantasyland was replaced by a hat shop... because what Walt Disney World really needed was another hat shop! Smile
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
You can now buy a House in Disney World:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......ere.html
Dennis Michael
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I'd move there in a heartbeat.

Anyone want to sponsor me?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I'm sorry, it still involves living in Florida which is too hot and muggy for me.
Other than that, and the money involved, yeah it'd be great.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Yea I would live at Disney World too if I could afford $20 cheese burgers every day. LOL
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
If you could afford a million dollar house, you can afford a $20 cheesebuger.
Dennis Michael
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
If I could afford a million dollar house it would not be in fantasy land. LOL
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Just got back from Disneyland, and visited the magic shop on Main Street. The magicians on staff seemed a bit young and fumbly.
They had a signed Steve Martin pic on the wall, I asked when he worked there; "I don't know..way back in the 70's or something".

They didn't have 13 steps or sell foam-balls sans DVD, but otherwise a reasonable selection. Mostly gag, but decent enough.
Anyone elese been lately?

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2014, Mr Salk wrote:
They had a signed Steve Martin pic on the wall, I asked when he worked there; "I don't know..way back in the 70's or something".

Well, they were close anyway.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Lance Inkwell
View Profile
New user
Casper, WY
6 Posts

Profile of Lance Inkwell
I can see that this topic is pretty old, but I just wanted to add that I went to Disneyland not too long ago and bought some giant Houdini posters for my house. I also picked up some invisible thread, and Houdini Magic's Gambler's Marked Deck. I don't really like trick decks all that much, but this deck is marked, stripped, and stacked, making it fun and easy to play with for beginners like me that need more time improving the skills needed to pull off tricks with a straight deck.

It's also really funny to stand in the store and listen to park guest talk about magic and magicians. The store is full of simple gags and tricks that anybody can buy and perform almost instantly, so you will often hear guest asking the Magic Shop employee's things like, "So all I have to do is buy this stuff, and I can be a magician?"

It's a fun little store that I think ads to Main Street in such a big way! Also, the window display to the store is awesome!
"________________________________" -Teller
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
The magic shop is gone from WDW, but the "new" Mickey Mouse meet-and-greet character is magically amazing! His speaks with coordinated mouth movements, his eyelids blink, and he does magic tricks! It's true, he will on occasion bring out jumbo cards and do a "pick a card" trick. It was great, and has an "all the cards are the same" comedy kicker.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2010, zimsalabim wrote:

I liked the Merlin Shop in Fantasyland of WDW better than the Main St. shop. Reason was, for the Merlin shop, it was part of a bigger group of stores that were all one inside, but the magic counter was in a corner so you could ignore the people buying stuffed toys and mouse ears behind you. The one time I went into the Main St. shop, it turned out to be a counter in a narrow section between two other, larger shops. Trying to look at stuff, I kept getting bumped into by people going in one direction or the other. I just had a better time at the Merlin Shop.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Disneyland: Main St Magic Shop Re-Opening! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL