The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Looking for a wine-glass-mockup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lui
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin, Germany
108 Posts

Profile of lui
I’m looking for a wine-glass-mockup, either double walled or closed at the top, so that the enclosed liquid can move but not get out. I already found one glass, but it’s Cognac sized. Therefore it’s too small. I’m searching the same thing but shaped like a classic wine glass. Maybe anybody knows where I might get one or has some experience with adhesive for glass.

I would be happy if you would like to share some hints.

The glas I found:
Cognac http://www.stolina.de/cgi-bin/shop.pl?f=......tem_2002
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The one you found is the one I would suggest. This has been off the market for years and about a year ago it just came back on the market thru novelty distributors.

There was a book by James Rainho lecture note that discribed how he made sealed glasses. Don't know if Rainho is still alive and supplying.

As for glue for glass, just seek a local mirror and glass shop locally. They can sell the type of glue you need. If I remember correctly, Rainho just suggested clear household glue like Durco cement.

The placed clear plastic on top that had small holes drilled in the top off center.
lui
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin, Germany
108 Posts

Profile of lui
Thank you for that very fast answer!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have had some luck using Jello. It will move a bit at the top and look like wine but not fall out if you make it thick enough.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I just bought three of the small ones described above for a routine. I'll give you a heads up if you're thinking of getting these. The liquid in all three glasses is different colored. It kinda looks like brandy, but one is very dark, one is lighter, and one is so light it almost looks like water.

Jim
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Jim,

In Alabama we could build a routine around "aging" moonshine!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Wow Jello, what a great idea
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Lui, since you are from Germany why don`t you ask Mr.Cox where to get it. I don`t think he performs his glass and bottle act anymore so he might be willing to help you. I wonder how many of us here remember his act.
COX Mr.
21394 Südergellersen
Telefon: 04135-377

Best,
Bojan
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
I know exactly where you can get them. Riot Magic Shop in Long Beach CA. (formerly Presto Magic shop). He has a bunch of the old classic wine glass shape. I think he has them for about $2.50- $3.00 a piece. He's closed Sunday and Monday. Tell him Rick Bloom referred you.
cormo
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of cormo
I'm looking for a wine glass with a net across the top that keeps the liquid in. I've got one, want another and don't remember the name of it, or where to get it. Note: I don't mean the glass with the separate top disk - the net is glued to the rim, and there is no separate piece.
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
"My assistant Annette will not be helping today, so I will be doing my most dangerous trick alone; A Wine Glass Production Without Annette."

Have fun,
John
Nothing is better than more.
magicjimainho
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
3 Posts

Profile of magicjimainho
Just came across the sealed glass thread. I still have the manuscript CHEERS, which explains how to make sealed glasses of liquid, as a matter of fact, I am working on a revision. Should be ready by Summer.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Jim, Welcome to the Café! Let us know when your revised book "Cheers" is available, I would like the 1st copy! Autographed please!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Looking for a wine-glass-mockup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL