The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My son approved for a service dog (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
We received an E-Mail today from 4Pawsforability. Dereks dog is eagerly waiting to meet him!
She is a beautifull half Bloodhound half Labrador retriever bred by 4paws for Derek.
She is a rough and tumble 1 yr. old chosen for a rough and tumble kid! She turned 1 yr. old July 2 2011. We drive to Ohio Monday night and begin the 10 days of training Tuesday. During those ten days we will receive training on the use and care of the dog and Derek and Hallie (the dogs name) will have a chance to bond before we bring her home. Hallie will be scent detection trained to find Derek in case Derek ever wanders off or becomes lost. This is partially the reason for the Bloodhound Lab mix. We requested a large ,sturdy and fairly short coated dog and Hallie I am sure will be all we hoped for.
Thanks to all who donated , prayed and sent well wishes.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I hope all goes really well for you all.
Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
That's great news! Post a photo with the newest family member when you can!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
We have pics but they are too large and I don't know how to resize them. P3erhaps there is a computer whiz here that can help me out. Smile

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Jim,

That news has made my day! Smile Delighted for Derek, you and the family.

Great stuff!

Pete

P.S. didn't even hold it against ya that you lived in Clare Smile If you ever do make it back down south I'll buy you a pint or 3 Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2011-08-24 20:52, manal wrote:
We have pics but they are too large and I don't know how to resize them. P3erhaps there is a computer whiz here that can help me out. Smile

Send the photos to me at the address in my profile. I'll resize them.

Just send one per e-mail. That way they will come through.

I am very happy for you. I just noticed this thread.

BTW, a friend of mine who recently passed away had a rat terrier who could detect when his blood sugar was low. So he became classified as a service animal. Mike (the friend in question) was on his way to the Texas Renaissance Festival for a rehearsal. He stopped at a fast food place in Tomball, TX, to get a sandwich. The owner told him he couldn't bring the dog in.

He explained that the dog was a service animal, and that if Mike didn't take him away, he would call the police. So Mike told him to call the police. He had shown the owner the service animal tag.

The policeman came, walked over to the dog and said, "Sir, you can't have a dog in here...wait! This dog's a service animal!"

"Yes, officer. That's what I have been telling the owner."

So the policeman asked the owner if he understood what that meant. He didn't until the policeman explained it in one syllable words.

So the policeman asked Mike how much of the restaurant he wanted to own (jokingly!)

Mike said, "None. All I want is a sandwich." He got his sandwich. Free. And he continued to patronize the fast food place until a week or so before he passed away.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Great news!
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Quote:
On 2011-08-26 09:58, Bill Palmer wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-24 20:52, manal wrote:

Send the photos to me at the address in my profile. I'll resize them.

Just send one per e-mail. That way they will come through.

I am very happy for you. I just noticed this thread.

BTW, a friend of mine who recently passed away had a rat terrier who could detect when his blood sugar was low. So he became classified as a service animal. Mike (the friend in question) was on his way to the Texas Renaissance Festival for a rehearsal. He stopped at a fast food place in Tomball, TX, to get a sandwich. The owner told him he couldn't bring the dog in.

He explained that the dog was a service animal, and that if Mike didn't take him away, he would call the police. So Mike told him to call the police. He had shown the owner the service animal tag.

The policeman came, walked over to the dog and said, "Sir, you can't have a dog in here...wait! This dog's a service animal!"

"Yes, officer. That's what I have been telling the owner."

So the policeman asked the owner if he understood what that meant. He didn't until the policeman explained it in one syllable words.

So the policeman asked Mike how much of the restaurant he wanted to own (jokingly!)

Mike said, "None. All I want is a sandwich." He got his sandwich. Free. And he continued to patronize the fast food place until a week or so before he passed away.

Thank you Bill, I'll take you up on that very kind offer after I get a few days rest.
I just spent a few days in the hospital and it was difficult getting any sleep there.

Thanks to all and I'll get pics up here ASAP

Jim

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Bill,
I am very sorry as I was unaware of what you had been going through as I just noticed the thread concerning your loss just moments ago.
God bless.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My son approved for a service dog (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL