The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Full show with just a few effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Would it be possible to pull off a full show with say a few outlaw effects.
David Rhodes
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of David Rhodes
Very much so.

What did you have in mind.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Quote:
On 2009-10-17 15:32, David Rhodes wrote:
Very much so.

What did you have in mind.

thinking Luna related maybe with Luna key and maybe a spirt box any ideas ? Also see my post regarding alone.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
What you would be creating is a theatrical play that has a few well-placed effects to add to the overall performance.

You would need to be a good actor with a solid script and an experienced director.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
May I suggest the carnie Tarot. I love this deck and so do the spectators as well.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Can be done, takes work.

Have a message first then work the effects in like Philemon (the MASTER or presentation! if you haven't watched any of his YOUTUBE videos then you're missing out!) says.

j
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Quote:
On 2009-10-18 12:30, johncesta wrote:
Can be done, takes work.

Have a message first then work the effects in like Philemon (the MASTER or presentation! if you haven't watched any of his YOUTUBE videos then you're missing out!) says.

j

On with it now , on order is kiouk and sanctum 2 also uk trilogy, other effects recomended would be appreciated
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Get one of there p**k wallets! Smile

Daren
Twitter @darjames
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Everything's good but we don't know who YOU are.

There's GREAT stuff out there that I would only recommend to my worst competition 'cause I know they would never be able to pull it off. There's laid back magi that can pull off amazing things with very little. Or amazing things with the most complex like cold reading etc.

So, to recommend good stuff to you is really an exercise in futility!

j
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-10-18 13:52, carlwag wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-10-18 13:06, johncesta wrote:
Everything's good but we don't know who YOU are.

There's GREAT stuff out there that I would only recommend to my worst competition 'cause I know they would never be able to pull it off. There's laid back magi that can pull off amazing things with very little. Or amazing things with the most complex like cold reading etc.

So, to recommend good stuff to you is really an exercise in futility!

I'm no pro like a lot of you guys in here !

Been into magic for years card tricks , gimmicks ect but made a big mistake of trying to master all aspects of magic instead of learning a few good tricks very well and sort of fell out with it a while .
That's why I'm trying to pay my attentions to mentalism, this is the area that has always excited me and got some of my best reactions.

I own 13 steps have done a while, I'm going address this again as I'm sure there lots to learn I've skipped , over . I've done partys and a few clubs a long time ago then put my magic away for 5 years, work time
Ect .
Since coming back to it I feel I have been slightly left behind and suprising what you can forget.
I'm new on here and I only on here for help, I have found everybody really nice.
Kind regards carl

j

I want to make sure you see I didn't write:

So, to recommend good stuff to YOU is really an exercise in futility!

Nothing to do with YOU rather ANYONE who asks what's good?

j
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I'll just take on as much advise as possible, one thing I have learned over the years is never perform a trick until you have fully mastered it .

If you could only perform 3 tricks/ mentalism but very well is better than 20 performed poor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Full show with just a few effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL