The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » For those that have more money to burn the world's most expensive rolling magic case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
This is a lot more expensive than Joe's rolling magic case to bring into a show but boy it looks really nice!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=10997
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
This table is REALLY expensive. I did not expect that kind of price.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Is there a bigger photo of it anywhere?

Thanks!
Dan.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Just check out the link for photo's they actually make two kinds.

They are a lot more than Joe's rolling case because its metal but Still that's a lot of cash!

Here is another version:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=10996
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Wonder what it looks like after a few bumps while going through narrow doors, or getting it in and out of the car ? The nice thing about Lefler tables is that they hide dents and dings well. This thing would make dents and dings very visible, and believe me it will get dented. I have owned aluminum covered music cases, and all it takes is a modest thump to put a large dent in aluminum panels, regardless of how strong the extrusion surrounding the panel is. Seems you would literally need a case to carry the table in so it is protected, and that would get heavy and bulky, which kind of defeats the purpose of the table design. I think it looks stunning, but is not too practical for the real world of performers who use these type of tables.

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
Apparently, only a few were made.
The fact that Penguin is offering a discount speaks for itself............
I like the Roll on Table from Davenportmagic, UK, there is a 'scope' attached to the case, allowing one to lug it along.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Wow!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
RogueMD
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of RogueMD
Quote:
On 2009-11-23 09:51, TRUMPETMAN wrote:
Wonder what it looks like after a few bumps while going through narrow doors, or getting it in and out of the car ? The nice thing about Lefler tables is that they hide dents and dings well. This thing would make dents and dings very visible, and believe me it will get dented. I have owned aluminum covered music cases, and all it takes is a modest thump to put a large dent in aluminum panels, regardless of how strong the extrusion surrounding the panel is. Seems you would literally need a case to carry the table in so it is protected, and that would get heavy and bulky, which kind of defeats the purpose of the table design. I think it looks stunning, but is not too practical for the real world of performers who use these type of tables.

Mark

I agree with you...pretty to look at but not very practical for travel.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Wow!!! It had better come pre-loaded with LOTS of great magic for that price!!!

Mark. Smile
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-11-24 00:30, iugefu wrote:
Apparently, only a few were made.
The fact that Penguin is offering a discount speaks for itself............
I like the Roll on Table from Davenportmagic, UK, there is a 'scope' attached to the case, allowing one to lug it along.

I don't get what you mean. Penguin offers discounts on almost anything, good or bad.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
rottenmagic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of rottenmagic
Way overpriced.
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
Nice case, light weight, durable. I would buy it if it were made with two separate cases - a top and bottom so that the weight of all your props aren't in one place...
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I stopped using suitcase tables because they weigh too much and are difficult to move on narrow stairwells.

I use either a plastic tote, a catalog case or a small duffle. The plastic tote sits on a restaurant tray stand. The catalog case or duffle rests on a bar stool. I'm even thinking about using a smaller tote, because it's large, although it's so light that I can lift it with my little finger. I often drag the tote down narrow stairwells.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
My gosh, don't spend that much!

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/madei......10001950

A commercial grade plastic case from the container store, priced from $15 to $50, can be lined with foam. The foam comes in 1" blocks that can be removed to fit exactly what you want to carry. In expensive, customized and can be locked. Not fancy, but they don't invite you because you have a fancy case!

There are also rolling trunks if you require greater storage.

Hudson
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Or build one out of the same off-the-shelf stuff they did:
http://www.itemamerica.com/presentation.asp
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2010-05-17 21:55, 55Hudson wrote:
My gosh, don't spend that much!

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/madei......10001950

A commercial grade plastic case from the container store, priced from $15 to $50, can be lined with foam. The foam comes in 1" blocks that can be removed to fit exactly what you want to carry. In expensive, customized and can be locked. Not fancy, but they don't invite you because you have a fancy case!

There are also rolling trunks if you require greater storage.

Hudson

I didn't spend even half of what the cheapest trunk costs. I use colorful totes from Sterilite, that are about the size of a footlocker. They flex to absorb impacts and are lighter than some of the commercial-grade trunks.
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
This case (shut) barely exceedes l+H+W airline limitations. If you fly with it under current rules you will pay extra even with it empty.
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
I haven't even spent this much on a car!
Weird is part of the job.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sorry, but that is not the most expensive Rolling Table on the market, Fairchild and Whit Hayden's McComb table exceed that price.
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
Not really a very good looking table (IMHO).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » For those that have more money to burn the world's most expensive rolling magic case (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL