The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Canadian insurance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Hi everyone,

I have posted this topic before but there never seemed to be a conclusion on where Canadian performers can acquire stage insurance. I would really appreciate the help. I am dying to start doing shows but I cannot for the life of me find a place to get such insurance. Help is much appreciated.

rewpt
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
Society of American Magicians.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
Marc Savard
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
72 Posts

Profile of Marc Savard
I had this information years ago, but I am not sure if it will apply. Do not take my word for it, but investigate it further.

I believe that you can get Performer's of the U.S. Insurance through Stephanie Weiss, but you need a U.S. mailing address. So, it might be as simple as getting a U.S. mailbox, or using a friend's address?

It used to be that the insurance would cover performances in Canada no problem, but the U.S. address things was the only condition.

I hope this is at least a start for you?

Good Luck.

Marc
Marc Savard

www.marcsavard.com
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
I e-mailed her. She informed that their company will only cover americans performing in US canada, and canadians performing in the US. I am so frustrated by this. There must be a decent company, there are canadian hypnotists performing here???!
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Society of american magicians only covers "all participating SAM members performing in the USA, Puerto Rico, and US Territories."
Marc Savard
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
72 Posts

Profile of Marc Savard
Ugh. I am sorry that it has not solved your problems.

When I used to perform and live in Canada, I bought insurance from a company but I remember it costing me just under $5000 for the year. It was not reasonable at all, but at the time I was touring and doing about 175-200 shows a year so it was a necessary evil.

I have not lived in Canada for over 6 years now, so I do not know what to recommend from here. I wish I could help more.

Marc
Marc Savard

www.marcsavard.com
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Thanks anyways marc, if you know anybody who would have information on it, I would greatly appreciate anyones help.
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Quote:
On 2009-10-21 00:51, MagicalPirate wrote:
Society of American Magicians.

Martin Smile

The SAM is not licensed to sell insurance in Canada, and neither is their insurance agent. Therefore, you can't buy that insurance if you live in Canada, and certainly not if you live in Quebec where the laws are even more strict with regards to insurance...
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Loual where do you get your insurance from?
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Here in Montreal, I could not find affordable coverage for hypnosys or mentalism, but I believe you might have a better chance if you contact an association of professionnal clinical hypnotists and see where they get their insurance...

The reason I know a little about this subject is because I used to sell insurance for a living.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Canadian insurance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL