The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is this?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
I currently perform only magic, but always ask my spectators that talk to me after a show o other magic axperiences. Recently one of them discribed a quite amazing effect. they said that they were asked to write down the name of a close friend or family member on a business card and to concentrate on that person. the mentalist then grabbed there arm close to the wrist and as he revieled things about the person the lifted his hand only to show the persons initals as a welt or something of the like on the spectators arm. What is this?
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
A telepath or some kind of super heros maybe ?
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
David Rhodes
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of David Rhodes
The effect is called Stigmata by Banachek and Wayne Houchin.

You can find it on Banachek's Psi Series 2 (I think) and Wayne has a DVD discussing several methods.
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
I'm familiar with stigmata but don't own it can the initials appear on the spectators wrist???
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I suspect it's one of two things: performing Stigmata on a stranger (ow) or said stranger's exaggeration or misremembrance of the event. The second is more likely. Doesn't matter; the description sounds cool. Working out a method yet?
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I recall a different effect that's not stigmata that was released that sounded exactly what you just described. unfortenetly I can not remember where I had seen it, I would say I read about it maybe two or so months ago on a magic site.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
Rich Fergeson's Tagged?
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
What is this, you ask?

A darned good presentation.

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Sounds like tagged to me...
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I agree with Mike. It's amazing how spectators remember/exaggerate these things.
Wolfenout
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Wolfenout
I remember some effect a saw awhile ago where it was ashes on spectators arm to reveal the initials.
W:H
View Profile
V.I.P.
222 Posts

Profile of W:H
Hey guys! This sounds exactly like my Stigmata routine involving a spectators thought of name or initials appearing as a welt on your arm. It is the 2nd version taught on my Stigmata DVD which you can find here: http://www.ellusionist.com/stigmata-by-wayne-houchin.html

Enjoy!

WH
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-10-23 11:24, W:H wrote:
Hey guys! This sounds exactly like my Stigmata routine involving a spectators thought of name or initials appearing as a welt on your arm. It is the 2nd version taught on my Stigmata DVD which you can find here: http://www.ellusionist.com/stigmata-by-wayne-houchin.html

Enjoy!

WH

But the poster said the initials appeared on the SPECTATOR'S arm.

j
Wolfenout
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Wolfenout
Somebodies not paying enough attention. Enjoying themselves in Miami are we Mr. Houchin?
Yannou
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Yannou
I say it's just a case of misremembering. It's Wayne Houchin's Stigmata.
If you watch the DVD, you'll see that the spectator is holding the mentalist's arm and sort of 'makes' the name appear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is this?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL