The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Jeff Dunham TV Show: Thoughts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Jeff doesn't need the show. He's one of the top grossing concert comedians of all time. In some cases, less is more. The original deal with Comedy Central called for a tour and a new special / DVD. I'm betting he will still get the special and if he stays on top of things comedy wise, it will be a high ratings event. The show being cancelled may be a blessing.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
That'd be my guess, too.
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1058 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
Nothing breeds contempt like the combination of familiarity and success. I thought even before the show's debut that TV might not be the best direction for him and his show might be overexposure. Also, any sort of comedian not working in the 'purist' kind of direction (Seinfeld, Patton Oswalt.. strictly word guys) tends to be targeted by critics and comedians alike. Carrot Top and Gallagher come to mind... funny, original guys in my book, but critics and a lot of comedians HATE those guys. I don't know why, but the minute comedy moves away from a certain kind of thing, especially if it's successful, people (and critics too) just go on the attack.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Jeff Dunham TV Show: Thoughts? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL