The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Going to a page (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Some threads have 25 or more pages, yet I can find no way to go directly to the page I want. It shows the first 3 pages... then the last 3. If I want to go to page 18, for example, is there a way to do that without going one page at a time?

Thanks, Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Try this trick: Go to a thread with multiple pages, click on page 2. You'll see something like this at the end of the URL

&forum=6&start=30

That last number is the number of the first message on that page (meaning there are 30 messages to a page). If you want to jump to page 10, just change that number to 300. Page 15? change it to 450, and so on.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Dave-

Thanks for a really great tip! This helps a lot- way better than one page at a time. Much appreciated- thanks!

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Going to a page (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL