The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best loop material to buy? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Naason
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Naason
Hey guys,

I see theres many products to choose from, which is the best quality?

Theres elastic thread, and invisible thread, and spider pen, and tarantulas?

Is there a breakdown on what each on is, or are the all the same?

thanks!
The Futurist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of The Futurist
Hi Naason. Some more experienced user will hopefully chime in on this point, but what I did was, as a noob, read up on all these different types of IT and ITR and from there just got a basic, non-elastic spool of IT and a basic, mechanical-action (not electronic) ITR. This worked out at under £10. I had read that the stuff is fiddly and prone to breaking, and needs a certain finesse to handle. Essentially, one has to get used to working with it. With that in mind I opted to get some inexpensive stuff to play with until I get the hang of it. Also, as well as the physical handling of it, there are lighting and backdrop considerations to get used to when practising handling the IT.

Elastic IT is just that - stretchy - and I have seen people using it for some very impressive 'PK' effects. Then again, one could use regular IT to the same ends in many instances I think.

The spider pen and tarantula are... more expensive for a reason. Suffice it to say that the Tarantula's own advertising blurb does say it is 'motorized'. Which shouldn't obviate the need for skill in handling, which is why I gave it a miss - for now anyway! - and got a basic ITR and IT to play with...

Also, if it's loops you're after, they do come pre-made (eg 'Mesika loops' which seem a bit pricey to me, YMMV) or you can make your own from a spool of IT... But the standard stuff does not come in loops.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Check out the Rings, Strings, and Things forum on the Café. A lot of information on IT there and loops as well. Do a search of that forum, the question you ask has been discussed many times there.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best loop material to buy? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL