The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben William's Sharp Money (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
This is a great effect Ben !!

Very well written PDF
Great Effect
Great Thinking

The Bonus is having read it a few times the more ideas fill your head about how this can suit yourself, this is what I like about an effect !!

People should really check this out !!

Best Wishes

Mark Southworth
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Sharp Money was reviewed on the latest issue of the Wizard Product Review. We even managed to convince Ben to perform the routine to the legendary Gesepy!

Check it out here!!!

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%......5hDmKl-w

Craig
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Link takes me elsewhere Craig??
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Hi
Here is the correct link for the Wizard Product review on Sharp Money
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ15hDmKl-w
Jim
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hey everyone!!

How do! I am pleased to see the 5 lollypop review from Guisepe, arguably the most influential man in magic!!!

Cheers lads,

Ben Willams
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
I'm confused by the 10 out of 10 by craig in the written review but lower on the wizard product review...?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Good question

The initial review was based on just receiving the PDF and reading it through without trying it. I am sure we have all had an effect where we have thought it was brilliant only to find out later it had flaws that you didn't see on the surface.

Although I still like Sharp Money very much (hence the high mark) I no longer believe it is deserving on 10 out of 10. Does that answer your question?

Craig
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Thanks for clarifying that! I know exactly what your talking about. many times I've read a trick and thought it was great only to discover when performing that it wasn't exactly up to par.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know that Sharp Money is now available at Murphys Magic Supplies in a printed full color A4 booklet.

Also Craig would you care to elaborate on your comment and mention to others 'the flaws' that you didn't see on the surface. Maybe it would clear up some confusion in people's minds. Cheers.

Ben Williams
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
I'm not happy with this. The version performed in the demo on WMS is a different approach then what is described in the manuscript.
This is a little too nacky for me. I guess that just means one less guy performing for all of you right?

:(
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Quote:
On 2010-09-04 22:57, rockthemike wrote:
I'm not happy with this. The version performed in the demo on WMS is a different approach then what is described in the manuscript.

I'd be very surprised if that was the case. Ben has been around for quite some time and has a reputation for being a good guy.

AP.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi Mike,

I will send you a PM as you say that the performance on the video is not in the booklet/e-book, it is taught, the only difference is that I used a f**sh note instead of a dupe, I really didn't think people would need that explained. The booklet isn't just one routine it is a whole bunch of ideas on the subject, my intention being that people would read it and either use a couple of my routine ideas together, or ideally, take them and make them their own. You can perform this with only one move that is so easy it can hardly be called a move. I will PM you with these thoughts Mike, you also know I am happy to help as I have answered all of your PM's you have sent me. I believe in good customer service and I will tell you about an idea I have been working on that does make 100% sleight free.

It really can be as sleight heavy or light as you like it, that is what I love about this routine.

Adam, thank you for your kind words,

Best wishes everyone,

Ben Williams
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
No,
Ben Williams is a great magician and business man and I did not say/mean for it to sound like he took me at all. He has helped me along the way through many different aspects of me learning and purchasing from him.

Everything I said still stands because it's true. When I said it was too nacky for me, it's because it was (before I got Ben's wonderful PM which helped me tremendously with some great tips.)
I don't know if I was the only one but I inferred that this was impromptu which is what took me so aback when I saw all the different ideas and pictures.
I read the .pdf once through then once again not as thoroughly to see if I could strip it down to what it was in the demo and I admittedly overlooked it.

Anyway I'll leave it there. Thanks for the PM Ben it was great.

EVERYONE BUY HIS REPERTOIRES AS THEY ARE AWESOME!

Michael
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi Michael,

I am glad you like the Repertoires and it is good to hear my PM has helped you out with Sharp Money, enjoy performing it, it really does mess with people's heads!!

Best wishes,

Ben Williams
bharris0225
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of bharris0225
I have been playing around with Sharp Money for a little while now. I finally got enough nerve to try it out at a local bar this weekend. I must say the reactions I got were AMAZING. I first did it for a few friends that were sitting at the table next to us. They ended up telling EVERYONE in the bar to come see me do this. So, of course I was a little nervous since this was my first time performing it. Once the DJ saw that his signed bill was in the sharpie, I thought the roof was going to explode from all the people applauding and cheering. All I can say is WOW! Ben you really have a gem here. Thank you!!!
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hello Mr Harris!

I am glad you took the plunge and tried Sharp Money out, it really isn't hard to do but I do understand that it is one that takes a bit of courage when you try it for the first few times. I have had some really killer reactions from this effect, it has a paradox feel like paperclipped by Jay Sankey which tickles peoples brain mush!

It would also be interesting to know which parts of the manuscript you use, if you can please pm me and let me know. I have a little idea I have been playing with that I am happy to share with anyone who has bought this effect from my website, (Mike, it is what I pm'ed you). So, if you fit the bill (pun intended!) are interested pm me and I will pm you back the idea.

I am away until Monday with limited access to the Internet so I will get back to you all as soon as I can, I promise!!

Anyways thanks again bharris, I am glad you are enjoying it!!

Best wishes all,

Ben
chriswebbmagic
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of chriswebbmagic
You realy need to make a DVD of this as there are so many applications and peices that can be added!

look forward to the session on the weekend

L.A.D s 2010 go get your magic on!
www.ChrisWebbVault.com

Creator of: Coffee Shot, Flash, Fickle and RE.
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of restaurant3000
I managed to get hold of a copy of the manuscript.
Excellent effect. One for the workers! Definitely a Jazz piece handling wise, so many alternatives to use. The ice cream handling is my fave, I expect that Ben came up with it after writing the manuscript.
After jamming with a magic buddy (stuff flying in all directions), and then a successful run on friends and family, I finally used this at a pro gig yesterday.
The spectator almost got ahead of me as when I asked him where he thought the £10 note was, he immediately looked at the pen. After that I just let misdirection take it's natural course and all ended extremely well.
For my first time it was thrown in at the end of the night as a test run (a friendly group warmed to let me try something new),so can't wait to work this more.

I suspect that Ben might not want to release this as a DVD after all. It's too good, who wants to share all of their best secrets anyway!?
Booyah!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben William's Sharp Money (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL