The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Magic Topic : Gambling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hboy
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of hboy
If you were going to make a TV show, what is the best Gambling trick you will recommand?
Please offer me some advice. Thanks a lot in advance.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
One possibility would be "Scarne's Drunken Poker Deal" from _Scarne on Card Tricks_, which itself was based on a genuine crooked gambling scam. I think any four ace trick could have a gambling theme. Three Card Monte with the bent corner dodge would be effective. (I remember a magic friend of mine who was not that familiar with three card monte saw Scarne perform it on an old Jack Paar show and thought Scarne had really screwed up when he "unintentionally" bent the corner of the queen.) There are some youtube clips of Scarne doing real gambling sleights as well as someone doing the drunken poker deal. There was a good gambling routine in one of the Bruce Elliott books as well, possibly either _The Best in Magic_ (most likely) or _Professional Magic Made Easy_. Finally, there is the Vernon Cutting the Aces routine from _Stars of Magic_.
----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Phil Cass Shell Game...every time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Magic Topic : Gambling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL