The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Armando Lucero/unbeliveable (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Armando's coin matrix is the best on the planet. If you can go and see him you will be in for a treat. His effect fries magicians. The members of the audience were gasping at his coin handling, yes it is that good.
vinny
P.S. Armando will be a force to in the magic community for years to come.
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
405 Posts

Profile of ritty360
Does he have a website?
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
He will be at LVMI in September also.
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Armando really cares about magic. He really thinks a great deal about his motivations. And performing? When I saw him at MagicLive in Las Vegas, he slayed everyone.

When he works his matrix, it's hard to describe what goes on in the mind. I think it's utter magic.
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
130 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
For those in live in Los Angeles and have access to the Castle, get up there tonight or tomorrow and see his early close-up shows. His matrix (multi phase) is indeed super clean, and Armando gets more out of the trick than anyone else I've seen do it.
magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
Anyone know if he has a web site??
Smile
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Armando has no web site, but he will be at LVMI/COINvention in September (lvmi.net)
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
As well as on FISM 2003! I foresee he will be a great surprise hit there.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Alexei Kee
View Profile
New user
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain)
28 Posts

Profile of Alexei Kee
That's right!

When I was in FISM last July, every night I saw a lot of people around a table, and in the center just one guy. He was executing the best matrix I've ever seen in my life!

It's really a surprise, I didn't believe that the things he was doing were tricks. It seemed to be REAL magic.

Great man, Armando!

See Ya!

AK Smile
People waste 50% of their mind power. I'm a genius, I waste 100%.
JC33
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of JC33
Did anyone here catch Armando Lucero's lecture at the LVMI? I was wondering what he lectured on and if he had notes available. I heard that he lectured mostly on cards. Did he tip his detective routine with the jokers sandwiching a thought of card or "rebound" the two-card one coin matrix phase? Any details would be appreciated. Thanks.
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
JC33,
I would never claim to speak on behalf of Mr. Lucero, but given what he spoke about during his lecture, he would probably find much of your question offensive. His lecture was wonderful, and showed that he is a multi-talented magician. He is the real deal - coins, cards, silks, balls, his magic is so elegant it nearly defies wording. His routining is such that the more you think you know about magic, he will use it against you, lead you down a very wide primrose path, and then knock you in the forehead with a shovel. He did lecture on some card stuff, but his own ethics are very keen, and I would not feel comfortable recounting any of it. I looked him in the eye and assured him that I was as honest a person as he, and now you probably know what sort of situation it was. I will say this: if you ever have an opportunity to see him work, don't hesitate. Even if you have to put yourself out to do it, even if the baby sitter is more expensive that night, go see him. The ability to come away from LVMI having witnessed magic was, and is, a wonderful feeling. I am pleased to report that Mr. Lucero was not the only surprise, either. Oh, and the answer is "no," he didn't tip the matrix stuff.
Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
I was only able to attend the last day of LVMI (and then Coinvention), but fortunately Armando was performing in the final show of the evening. In the brief five years that I have been involved in magic, I have seen a fair number of world class magicians perform. I can honestly say that Armando Lucero's performance was the first time I have had a truly magical experience as a spectator. Synapses in my brain that have been dormant for years, once again fired off.

The kinds of things that we can learn from Armando about creating a magical experience, are not to be found in lecture notes containing moves and tricks. I'm sorry I missed his lecture and hope that he spoke of those intangible things that make his performances truly magical. I can understand him not really wanting to share his effects with other magi (as mentioned in other posts), but the effects are not why his performances are so powerful anyway. We owe it to ourselves to discover why this is so. How can we make it so in our own performances? My first step of this 1,000 mile journey begins.

"Armando Lucero/unbelievable"
Everything you do -- everything -- has your signature on it. Regardless of whether you intend it that way or not. And that's how people perceive you.-George Ledo
JC33
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of JC33
Markjens,
I wonder what part of my post Mr. Lucero would find offensive. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask the general subject of a person's lecture. I didn't ask for any secrets or methods. I just wanted to know if he tipped certain routines. I have been told he tipped "rebound" in other lectures in the past.

I have seen Armando perform both standup and close-up. I even had the chance to speak with him for a while this summer when I was in Vegas. We spoke of ethics and the passing down of information in the magic community among other things. I don't feel I have offended Armando in any way.
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
JC33:
You misunderstood my post. I did not write that *you* had offended anyone. I have included your post here in an attempt to explain.

"Did anyone here catch Armando Lucero's lecture at the LVMI? I was wondering what he lectured on and if he had notes available."
We were asked not to repeat the content of what we had heard,though I can tell you he had notes. His notes are not available, and each person that purchased them had to sign a pledge of nondisclosure.

"I heard that he lectured mostly on cards. Did he tip his detective routine with the jokers sandwiching a thought of card or "rebound" the two-card one coin matrix phase?"

He was not really interested in "tipping" anything, though he did teach a couple of card techniques. His attitude on "tipping" anything, is this: he has worked for decades to develop the magic that he performs. He doesn't wish to have just anyone walk up, pinch off a tiny portion of that and say, "Thanks!" If you spoke to him about ethics and the passing down of material, you know that he highly advocates people educate themselves, work out their own methods, and stop hoping that other people will place it in their laps.

No, JC33, you are not offensive, you are curious, and in some way we all are, or we would not be sitting at our desks corresponding about something that we care so much about. I understand your desire to know Armando's methods, who wouldn't? But, you have likely two choices. You can work it out for yourself, or you can so impress Armando with your magic, that he wants you to know. My post regarding his lecture was not an attack, it was a desire to show people that the 'normal' convention lecture behavior didn't apply at Armando's. When we finished purchasing his notes he wanted us to come up to him, look him in the eye, and make the promise. See? Now you know what went on, or in the works of the U.S. Government, I could tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you Smile Take care,

Mark
LIU YU
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of LIU YU
Amando's matrix is super amazing when saw it in the magic castle.

really exciting, and thank you ,amando
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Armando Lucero/unbeliveable (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL