The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Ultimate Prediction Box vs. Master Prediction System (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Just playing devil’s advocate, I hear a lot of comments about it “looking cheap” well, because it is (compared to the other out there). But, isn’t it supposed to be just a box with a tube? I think I am OK with it just looking cheap. As a matter of fact, I think I would want it to just look like cheap box and not a magic prop. I am OK with it looking like a “10 buck make-up case someone would pick up at Walmart” if it does what it is supposed to do.

Now, what I am not OK with is ripping off intellectual property, if that is what is happening. If Malloy and Wellington are the only ones who have the right to make this product than that is a separate situation all together.
M.Frymus
View Profile
Loyal user
Oakville, Ontario, Canada!
293 Posts

Profile of M.Frymus
Looking cheap is OK. It would look like a normal box, but you cannot guarantee it will work properly. that's another thing to consider when purchasing from unknown people.
MICHAEL FRYMUS
Director of Photography

Filmming worldwide

Email: dop-michaelfrymus@live.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Not to splash a wet rag on this whole discussion, but what's the point of this? It's not a convincing prediction. After it was overused on the Phenomenon show, I'm sure it became apparent to everyone in the television audience that it was a tricked-up prop.

When one (or perhaps more) of the performers said, "This is one of those containers they use at the bank..." as he held up the plastic tube, at that moment, for me at least, he had jumped the shark.

This is rapidly becoming another Zig-Zag.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Bill, while I always have great respect for your point of view, I can say from experience that, when performed well (consider that a caveat), this routine continues to slay audiences.

Let's put this in perspective, Phenomenon had terrible ratings; so the chance of someone who saw the show seeing you perform this, is highly unlikely. Angel has also used it (on his show and on Oprah), so its profile is considerably higher than the 'exposure' it received on Phenomenon. Despite that, I would maintain that the vast majority of your 'typical' audience will not have seen it before, and even those who may have, will likely not be able to recall it in context - certainly not if your routine is original and compelling.

BTW, my other reason for posting this, is that I bought the MAK prop out of curiosity, owning a Wellington Zimmerman MPS. There is absolutely no comparison.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
50 pack of envelopes...3.95.
500 sheets paper...4.95.
2 pack pens....1.50
Having 2985.00 left over for the rest of your show... priceless!

The MPS makes absolutely no sense to me.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Quote:
On 2009-11-21 13:20, videokideo wrote:
50 pack of envelopes...3.95.
500 sheets paper...4.95.
2 pack pens....1.50
Having 2985.00 left over for the rest of your show... priceless!

The MPS makes absolutely no sense to me.

Actually, it's $2984.60 but who's counting..?? Smile
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
This is not the only rip off prediction case (IF it is a rip off??? I don´t know anything about the rights and if there are any, because the idea is very old…) but I saw one offered the internet for $450,00 made in china, that looked a lot like the Master Prediction Case. Same construction and colors. They also sold the new Clear-Vue Master Prediction Case for much much less than the original!

I like the effect but I do not like the way these cases are build, not the “rip-offs” and not the “original” I think they do look great but it jells: MAGIC PROP!!!

That´s why I would never ever use such a magic prop box – case… I use my own variation of Paul Rohmany´s - Dream Prediction (I own the original) and I would not want to trade it for an “original” Master Prediction Case. Part of my variation is that I give the envelop to someone in the audience at the beginning of the demonstration and ask her if everything is OK with the envelope and let her hold it up, once in a while during my act. I love it like that and unless there is a less magic prop variation in the future I keep it like that…

Best,
John
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
alannasser
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of alannasser
Pro-Magic has struck me as a dubious outfit from the beginning. Some of their stuff is advertised as a limited run, but it never is. Bavli told me years ago that I should buy Erasable Mind Board right away because they'd cease production very soon. 4 years ago. Since then it's always been available. The unethical rip-off doesn't surprise me.
alannasser
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of alannasser
What about the Clearly Impossible Prediction? Another rip off of Wellington?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Ultimate Prediction Box vs. Master Prediction System (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL