The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Selling Business Space for theater show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I am preparing a large theater show at the end of January. I was given the theater space for two nights in return for an emcee spot I perform in October. I receive 50% of the ticket prices. I was constructing my budget today for marketing etc... The theater holds 300 seats. With my personality in the area I see no problem filling these seats if done properly. My question involves selling space on tickets to local businesses. For example for 20 dollars you receive a space on the back of on of my tickets. When a customer brings in this ticket into the marked business they will receive 20% off order ( or whatever the business owner is interested in giving away). There would be an expiration date for this special ( example, ends March 31 2010) Does this sound like something that would work? Please tell me what flaws you see in this, or what positive outcomes that could come from it? I believe with the live television appearances I already have lined up, and other marketing ideas this maybe something local businesses could get behind?
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I think we are talking on another post but I thought I should mention I can print tickets full color front blk/wht back cheaper than anyone in america!

yes getting a bussines to put some kind of ad is a good Idea however keep in mind you really can oly do this with one business y ou can not have mroe than one coupon on the back.
the ticket I use does not ah ve any signage for businesses as we put info about rules and regulations such as no filming,no glass bottles etc etc.

for what your describing it sounds like a good idea.

teh way to approch it is if they pay for the printing of the tickets you put their info and coupn on the back or the ticket.

one other thought would be to print three 100 sets of tickets thus h aving 3 business ghetting 100 tickets with coupons again tehy pay for the printing but you do the work to sell th e tickets and then people use the coupons.

just my thoughts

oh and for price I can jsut guessing here but 100 full color front blk/wht back 5.25"x2" or 1/8 page ticket for about $35 each 100tickets
however if you go with only one ad and only order 300 tickets all the same you are looking at $45-50 for the 300 tickets.
sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Selling Business Space for theater show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL