The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jumbo sponge ball (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
My sponge ball routine is basically Mark Wilson's, although starting with a purse frame production. I would like to incorporate a jumbo (4 inch) sponge ball somewhere, preferably as the ending, but I can't see how. The ball can just about be compressed to look like a single one, but it's not easy to do any sleights with it without it expanding. Plus, I think that any spectator who has previously held two balls (as one) will notice the very different feel of the big ball. Any tips?
Jolyon Jenkins
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The Sponge Book by Laurie Ireland, which you can pick up from Magic, Inc. or a number of other dealers, has a routine that uses a large sponge. It will do what you are looking for.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Thanks - is this the same as the Sponge Book by Frances Marshall?
Jolyon Jenkins
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
Kinda on topic, kinda not...thanks for posting this. My boxer puppy tore up my giant sponge ball about 6 months ago, so this reminded me that I need to get another! lol
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
Which routine does your puppy do?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2009-11-11 12:37, rjenkins wrote:
Thanks - is this the same as the Sponge Book by Frances Marshall?

Yes.

I just went over to check for the page number, and apparently, I have the wrong book. It may be in Mardo's Routined Magic. I'll see if I can find the book, then I'll tell you where it is. Otherwise, I'll write the routine up and put it in the secret sessions.

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 2:06pm
I found the routine. It is actually part of one of the routines in The Sponge Book, but it has been modified by me. Since I don't own the illustrations in the Sponge Book, I can't publish them in the file. However, I will post the routine, sans illustrations, and you should be able to figure it out, if you have a copy of the Sponge Book.

Here is the link to the routine:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=37&0
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jumbo sponge ball (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL