The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Famous or popular gaff cards set (not gaff deck) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I want to know how many gaff cards set are there? Which one is famous?

From what I've heard are:

CAJ (Clown and Jester)
Ellusionist Bicycle Gaff Deck
Army of 52 (but you have to use a Ghost Deck not regular Bicycle Deck)
Ultragaff by Garcia and Houchin
Gafftastic by Liam Montier
Magic Cards by Jean Vallarino (?) - never heard any review or recommendation about this.
Carnival Set

Is there any other gaff cards set?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
Magic makers (sorry) put out a dvd with Simon Lovell called Packet Killer, aka the blue deck. The blue deck being the gaff deck provided with the deck. some very good gaffs too, among them two sets of million dollar monte cards (Skinners Monte to most of us...) redbacked and bluebacked.

I assume that gaff deck to you means doublebacked deck, double faced etc, but most of us use the term gaff deck even for these decks with all kinds of different gaffs assembled.

Many of ellusionists decks have gaff decks in the same design

Swedens Anglo cards also have a gaff assortment deck, and the earlier rug deck also have a gaff assortment deck.

Mikael Johansson
sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well (Donald Duck)
MagicRocks
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of MagicRocks
Quote:
On 2009-11-11 08:46, Failed Magician wrote:

Army of 52 (but you have to use a Ghost Deck not regular Bicycle Deck)

By the way, the ghost gaff deck and the regular bicycle gaff deck are very similar. In army of 52, they teach you using the Ghost Gaff Deck but in fact most effect can also be done using regular gaff. (most of the cards are the same)
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

What is Sweden Anglo? Is there any teaching for the Ellusionist Bicycle Gaff?
George 
View Profile
Regular user
New York
133 Posts

Profile of George 
Marty Grams used to have available "Pro-Pack" decks which were an assortment of Bicycle gaff cards, both standard (double face/back,blanks) and specially-printed.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Pro-Pack? Never heard of it.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The Sweden Anglo cards are actually called "Anglo Giant Cards." They were sold originally by El Duco, who passed away last year. The cards are still being printed. You can find out about them at http://anglocards.com/giant.html

Regarding the Pro Pack, I used the search function (see the word [search] at the upper right corner of every page) and entered the term Pro Pack. I found this thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=203

The search function is your friend. It keeps you from having to admit that you have never heard of something that other people have poster about many times.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
The anglo giant cards do indeed have a gaff deck but the pokersize cards that premiered at fism in china also have a gaff deck available.

The precursor to the 2009 line of cards, the rug deck that came out in 2006 (fism stockholm, what is it with these guys and fism productpremiers?)also have one.

Bear in mind though that the rug deck have jumbo indices and the 2009 edition have normal indices.

Chenck them out here: http://www.anglocards.com/

BTW the great thing about the giant anglo deck is, in my opinion that the size (twice the ordinary decks)makes it very easy to handle. Shuffles and some sleight of hand is very easy.

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings:
Maybe I can shed some light on the Pro-Pack.

For years I have kept track of the gaffed cards people always asked me to make for them, and eventually I had U.S. Playing Card custom print me a deck of the most popular gaffs. The pro-pack sold out completely within a year and a half.

Magic Makers then bought the Pro-Pack from me, and had Simon Lovell teach tricks and variations of what to do with those cards on a 2 dvd set with the deck called "Packet Killer"

The same happened when I put the Rainbow deck out, it sold out very quickly and then Rudy Hunter and myself did a dvd of things to do with the deck and Magic Makers took over production of the deck through U.S. Playing Card.

I currently have the last special assortment deck that I had done since U.S. Playing Card is no longer going to do these type decks.

This last or current deck is called The Working Performers Deck and consists of 52 cards, the cards which I get the most requests to make, only these are factory printed.In the deck there is:

A set of Double face Aces for McDonald's Aces
a Parade of the Kings set
a set of princess cards
a set of split jacks with extra blank face cards so you can do Twisted Jacks instead of Queens
3 & 1/2 of Clubs
a red/blue split back card
a card with four faces on one face
a blank back King of Spades
a same both sides 7 of spades
a split back Jack of Diamonds/card back for Elusive Pimpernel
two double back cards with Bicycle on one side and Tally-Ho on the other
a 14 of Spades
2 short jokers one red one blue
a double face Ace of Hearts/4 of Spades and another that is short
2 double back B/B and 2 double back R/R
a short double back R/R and a short double back B/B
extra blank face cards in red and blue back
and 2 jokers with a card system stack grid printed on the back

Since these cards are for replacement use, or for your own ideas, and some of the tricks are on the market from others, I do not supply instructions. I do provide a sheet that tells you where to look and what books will contain the instructions for many of the effects that can be done with the cards.

This will be my last full deck compilation that I put out, in the future I will do various deck projects through others.

At this time less than 200 of The Working Performers Decks remain, when they are gone, that will be it. I have no plans on reprinting it, but that is not to say that it will not come out from someone else in the future.

Hope that has helped answer about the pro-pack

Anytime I can be of help to any of you, just shout, I am only an e-mail or PM away.

All the Best
Marty
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Where to buy it?
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
Do a search for "packet Killer aka the blue deck" and you will find it. Prices vary so shop around.

Great deck. It even contains two sets och ultimate monte cards, redback and blueback (great for me, I have worn out two sets already).

Mikael Johansson
sweden
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Better yet, get it directly from Marty. The issue with 'The Blue Deck' is that you have to buy the DVD to get the cards. Lovell teaches some excellent material on the DVD but if you don't want it or already own it then you're out of luck.

I've purchased a Pro-Pack deck through Marty and it is great. He's got a couple hundred decks left so I'd hit him up first. It's cheaper than getting the blue deck.

Marty@MartinisMagic.com
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

I just browse MartinisMagic, couldn't find a Pro-Pack Deck.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings:
As I mentioned above, the Pro-Packs have Sold Out. There are no more of the originals left. The only ones available now are with the DVD called Packet Killer.

The new deck is called "The Working Performers Deck" That is available until the last of them are gone, then that is it. Neither the Pro-Pack or The Working Performers Deck are on the website. Right now I'm down to 157 decks so it does not make sense to have it put up on the site when it will probably be sold out by Christmas or sooner.

If you are interested in one of these, PM or E-mail me. They are not carried by any dealers so you can only get this direct. I hope that has cleared up any confusion about the deck.

All the Best
Marty
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

So what they put in Packet Killer is Pro-Pack then? How far different the Pro-Pack with the Assorted Bicycle Gaff Set?

How much is the Working Performance Deck?
Groucho
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Groucho
Has any one yet bought the Magic Cards by Jean Vallarino? I am keen to understand what type of gaffs they are.

Also - does anyone know where I can get a Fako deck ?(preferably from somewhere that won't charge too much for posting to Australia).
Groucho
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Groucho
Has anybody bought the Magic Cards by Jean Vallarino since my previous post? Any reviews?
vinod_furtado
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of vinod_furtado
Any reviews on the Carnival Deck with DVD by Magic Makers...seems to be a lovely deck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Famous or popular gaff cards set (not gaff deck) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL