The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Lost interest in magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
nike
View Profile
New user
ri
50 Posts

Profile of nike
Hmmmm

if you look at total count he has 52 posts to date

and at the time of the original post, someone wrote

"The fact that you've written 52 posts in the past 7-8 months shows that you haven't lost total"

so it looks like he hasnt come back...

..considering this is a pretty darn good site for magic id have to say he got bored!
Jhonsky
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
112 Posts

Profile of Jhonsky
Get together with local magicians and watch lots of cool effects. I'm pretty sure when you get impressed with new cool effects, you'll get your interest in magic back.
nakulshenoy
View Profile
New user
Bangalore, India
91 Posts

Profile of nakulshenoy
On the contrary, I think it is the art of Magic (learning, performing, and watching the same) that keeps me going. It has a charm like no other, and can entertain and influence like no other.

As Bryan Dean wrote in http://magic.about.com/library/weekly/aa021299.htm - Magic is the best ice breaker one can ever get.

What else do you want to keep you going in magic? ;-)
Nakul Shenoy
The Mind Reader
www.nakulshenoy.com
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
Try to find someone to tutor, if you have someone who needs to know information that perhaps you have forgotten, it will give you the incentive to go back and read books and get in on the game again, try and stay informed as much as possible, that way you wont feel left out. if there is some aspect of magic that you just don't like, then try and look at it from a differant angle. for instance, if you have gotten tired of doing card tricks, then switch (no pun intended) to coins!
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I started performing magic semi-professionally when I was 15. I did shows pretty steadily for about 3 years, and then I decided I had enough and quit. I had a little over 1000 dollars in dove magic, and several hundred dollars in other props that I used for my show which I sold for a fraction of the cost of what I paid. Now, I am 20 years old and in college, and realized I made a huge mistake selling all my stuff. I am really trying to get back into it now, but its depressing to think how long it will take me to get all the stuff back that I need. So my advice to anyone who loses the spark is to quit for a while if you have to, but put the stuff away in the closet somewhere and don't sell it...because one day you'll get it back and trust me its no good to have to replace it all again.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
magiciangirl902
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville, VA
74 Posts

Profile of magiciangirl902
I don't think it possible for me to lose interest in magic. However, you are you and magic will find it's way back to you if you are meant for it.
Most magicians do magic tricks, I do magic
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
Quote..

SNIP

I remember Siegfried and Roy starting out at the Frontier - and ending up at the Mirage...

SNIP

For the record, S&R did NOT start out at the Frontier.

Siegfried told me, "You don't chose magic.....it chooses you!"

For what it's worth,
Ted (Leondo)
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
The mere fact that you posted this topic, tells me that you still have the virus. Face it man , its TERMINAL! I myself experienced the same thing in the past. Going out once in a while makes you see more , and at the same time, makes you long for home.

I see magic as a never ending journey ,and not as a final destination.

Take it easy man! You'll always come home to magic!Don't you just miss the fun?

Peace!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
If you try to learn more you will enjoy magic more
nakulshenoy
View Profile
New user
Bangalore, India
91 Posts

Profile of nakulshenoy
Yep. I guess there's no antidote to the 'sting' of a magic bug. There's just no going away ;-)
Nakul Shenoy
The Mind Reader
www.nakulshenoy.com
GavinK
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
60 Posts

Profile of GavinK
It happens to the best of us. I agree that watching someone els do magic is inspiring. I also find perefoming for your children builds up the ego quite a bit.

Find some kids and inspire them the way you were inspired.

Gavin K
Mxn
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Mxn
Think of it as hobby...then it will relax you...
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
I have seen this with some interest, the most common situation that accurse is that something like David Blaine comes along or Harry Potter and recharges the batteries of people to the point were there interest is something that gets them to pick up that book or DVD. But also like a battery that charge depletes and unless the next best thing comes along that reenergizes them again, but if not they fall off the magic arena. I think what maintains a persons interest is very subjective and personal thing, and what a boring place it would be if it wasn’t.

Magically

Aus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Lost interest in magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL