The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is this Jerome Finley's Thought Channel? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Psychological Mind Reading Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Psychological Mind Reading Illusionist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei-Pw5KgE7k

(watch it through the end)

Johnny
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
'Fraid not me old shiner.

Its most probably a mixture of his own methods along with a good friend of his called Chris..... I think.

M
JoeBlack
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of JoeBlack
Short answer is No.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yes ... it is Jerome's method but different Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Derren WISHES!

-Scott M
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Why not PM Jerome and ask him.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Athos
View Profile
Elite user
NADO - Mind reader
481 Posts

Profile of Athos
There's so many way around to do this effect...
NADO
«How much of a gift it would be to really know what someone is thinking of?»
- Steeve Blanchet, news anchor, TVA
«Here is someone that truly uses his powers for good.»
- David Meclomesnil, weekend radio.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
I think that Derren was the first to do this Effect.
And he does it very well.
The method? the method is not important.

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Enough tells in this clip that the method involves a "special something"
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Derren's method is sure fire Smile If you're going to make this plot a highlight routine, it has to be 100% which the psychological methods simply can not accomplish.

In short, no, it's not Finley's version.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
If Derren had a 100 percent accurate "something", why couldn't Midas be 100 percent accurate? I've read other reports that Midas wasn't consistent enough, but I never used one. Maybe Derren's method is just as fallible, who knows?
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
It's not fallible. Derren makes sure of this. Notice his initial bit of business prior to even getting a spectator on stage. There's a reason he does the little bit of byplay before he gets a spectator on stage with him. He does it because of two things, first of all, it's to demonstrate the premise and to perform what Bob Cassidy call's a "major effect" so that the audience can warm up to him so that they will stay on the ride for the "minor effect" which is what he does with the spectator on stage. The second part of this is to figure out who will NOT give him trouble in the context of the method he is using for the effect. If you are familiar with the method involved, it can be finicky if one was to just pull a random person without checking to see if he/she would be suitable for it.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
No, it's not my version.

Derren does a great job with this routine though; a master showman giving a perfect example of magnifying an effect and getting everyone involved with something very simple.

Lior,

Yes, Derren did a lot to bring attention to this routine - and the original method he used in his mind control specials all those years ago was a marketed item (used very well). One of the earliest write-up's I've seen for this effect in the magic community was by Stephen Minch (I think), and also one in John Fisher's "Body Magic." I believe there was also a reference in 'The Discoverie of Witchcraft', but it's been awhile and I'm not near my library.

Kenton was the one who sparked my own interest in this work years prior to Derren's specials in an essay he wrote wherein he says (to paraphrase), "Even guessing which hand holds an object (a 50/50 chance) over and over again is often enough to convince a person."

-JF
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is this Jerome Finley's Thought Channel? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL