The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Ultimate Card Index by Bazar de Magia (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Can anyone give me a review of this? Is it worthwhile or should I use alterior methods/devices? How quick can you locate a card with it?
Smile
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
There is one Finnish one but it is not on the marked yet, and I don´t know when it is being published but I have it and it's great. Far better than anything else I have seen.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I can’t speak to a Finnish index that is not on the market yet, but I can address your questions about the Bazar de Magia index.

BdM’s card index is a super thin plastic device. It does what any index is supposed to do.

It is as speedy as any index can be. That is, it is as speedy to use as your familiarity with using such a device. The speed is NOT in the device. If you know your stack and how it’s placed in the index then you will find a card (or whatever) instantly.

What this particular prop has over others I have seen is its thinness! It is lightweight and very thin.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Thanks for the review Harry. Yes, I'm aware that the true speed lies in the performer's ability. I was wondering if this one had anything different from another index to make it easier to locate cards quicker, or was it just the thinness?
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
It is a bit more than just the thinness! It steps (separates) the cards well which is the key in keeping the thing thin when fully loaded and helps you in getting to the card very rapidly.

As far as an index prop goes this is top drawer and inexpensive to boot (usually under $20 USD).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
What is this utility gimmick used for?

Is it something that allows you to remove any card from the pocket called for?

Thanks in advance.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Yes, DJ Trix, that is one of the tricks a card index enables you to do. But far from the most interesting.

Go one level deeper, and you can have a card selected, replaced, the deck shuffled, then place a half in each pocket. Then have the selected card named, and pull it from the pocketed deck.

Another level deeper, and you can palm off cards to be switched into play. Or if you're a mentalist, predictions.

For more, please read Corinda's 13 Steps.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I'll add to what Neil has said. This invention was one of Anneman's favorite, he used it in over 700 shows. Don't find too much about them anymore but this is my best effect and still trying to find more effects to use it for.

I have the Ultimate Card Index and love it!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
From where can I get the Ultimate Card Index? I have an old Index that is far too heavy and clumpsy, so the UCI seems right up my ally.
Smile
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
If it's from Bazar de Magia, Murphy's n Magic Supplies carries it, so any dealer who orders from them can get it. I have experimented with a number of these devices over the years, and I always come back to Harry Lorayne's no-gimmick index from Deck-Sterity. Just as fast, but doesn't require anything other than the cards.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
OK, I found it at Hocus-Pocus for $15.95. I will buy it soon.
Smile
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Peo,

I bought mine here in U.S. from Ronjo Magic, I think it was about the same price as Hocus give or take a buck.

It is still one of the strongest effects I use. Just something about pulling a chosen non-forced card out of one's pocket in a matter of seconds. Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I just received Bazar de Magia's Ultimate Card Index and thought I'd share my opinion...it's GREAT! It's incredibly thin, made well, inexpensive, and does what an index is supposed to do. I highly recommend it.

Larry D.
doctormong
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of doctormong
Take a look on ebay.
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
Quote:
On 2012-04-21 23:00, doctormong wrote:
Take a look on ebay.

Take a look at the year it was posted in. LOL. Welcome to the Café.
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
I thought the design was a little strange and hard to work.
You can buy 50 of them give give them out to friends,
http://www.dhgate.com/ultimate-card-inde......e68.html

I liked these the most,

https://midwestmagic.net/shop/item.asp?itemid=4098

Very strudy and easy to get to any card.
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Ultimate Card Index by Bazar de Magia (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL