The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Hallucinations by Ed Marlo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Available at: wowbound.com
Price: 9.95
Format: e-book.
Quality: Exceptional. The e-books at wowbound really are top notch. Black and White, 3 photos.

Official Spam:
Here is a treat for serious card lovers. A gimmicked version of the amazing HALLUCINATION PLOT along with 5 FURTHER NON-GIMMICKED handlings. Ed was always thorough, and here it shows in style!

In effect, three spectators each look at the top card of the deck, one at a time. The performer comments about how people often have problems recalling details, and how various descriptions of the SAME EVENT can vary dramatically. He offers to prove his point.

Climax 1: The spectators each name their cards and they are ALL DIFFERENT!
Climax 2: Without any moves the top card is flipped over, IT IS A JOKER!
Climax 3: Without any moves, the three cards are withdrawn from the performer’s pockets!

Based on an effect from Jinx #1 (1934), Ed reworked the Eddie Cleaver concept eliminating the “second deal” and “palm”. Ed’s wonderful gimmicked and non-gimmicked versions originally appeared in New Directions Magazine in 1985. The handlings were spread over several issues, and the distribution was only in the low hundreds.

It is an absolute pleasure to bring all the handlings together under one cover and to present them to a broader and modern audience. The language of the era is preserved, and Ed’s famous attention to detail is evident throughout.

Review:

Well I just recently got interested in this type of idea and well I purchased this to see what I would get. I really liked it. If you like the plot you have to get this. Plus if you don't like it at all (doubt it) you could always work something out with Ben as I'm sure he will respond to you nicely.

Gimmicked handling:
Now there is of course a gaff to construct. Their is a illustration of the gaff you have to make but no instructions. Seems to me that Card splitting(what I did) is the way to go. This is by far the best version in the e-book.
There is a small discrepancy when performing when a person has to peek at the top card but it goes by unnoticed.
I have performed this 5 times and has not failed to get me some great reactions. Especially when they see that the cards were in the pockets in the entire time.

1ST UNGAFFED variation

This isn't really hard to perform. There is some palming and copping involved but nothing major after that.

2ungaffed.

If I'm performing this without a gimmick this is the way I will go. Just some side steals and a little bit of copping. Not bad though.

There are 3 more variations but to be honest I did not care for them. Or they require lapping or second deal or etc. If you want to perform this just go with the gaff. Simplest way to go. The ungaffed handlings are okay and I understand them being there in case someone just doesn't have the gaff with them or "haven't bothered to make up the gaff."

Overall 4/5.

The reactions I have gotten out of this are great. If you like the plot. Get this e-book you will not regret it Smile.

Ricky

If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.
hp
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of hp
I obtained this download from lybrary.com. I love Marlo's material but this one was not a highlight for me. Explanations are clear.

Be aware, though, this is not for the beginner. Difficult moves are used and not explained (e.g., Future Classic p**m, Curry Ch**ge).
I agree that the gaffed version is the best.

In my opinion, better misdirection for the moves could have been given, though Marlo rarely did this.

I would rate this slightly lower than Ricky - say 3.5/5.

Howard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Hallucinations by Ed Marlo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL