The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What to do in the backseat? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
You are in a van, sitting in the back passenger side. You have people to your left & people in front of you. What impromptu effect would you do when someone asks for a trick?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Smile

Smile
MattSedlak
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of MattSedlak
Well the angles are not all that hard to control in that situation so I would not have to change anything in order to perform. Therefore, whatever effects I had decided on performing for that day would still be available.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
If the conditions were right I would perform "Cloud Killer". Those well versed in mentalism will know what I am talking about.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
Is the van moving?
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
MattSedlak
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of MattSedlak
LOL Actually that is an important question. If its moving, then the driver shouldn't be watching, hopefully, and also the movement would makes some effects harder.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
OK, Ichazod...

Wake up and smell the coffee. When are you in the back seat and your lady says let me see some of those magic moves, she's not talking about card tricks!!

Smile
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
I'd just do a simple coin vanish/reproduction or a spiffy card location. Or maybe just like a jumping rubber band . . . just think small visual stuff that doesn't require a whole lot of concentration. There's even a version of "Sympathetic Coins" that you can do with dice just palming them . . . you probably know more about that than I do . . . but that kind of stuff, or Nate Leipzig's Coin From Hand To Hand from the Amateur Magician's Handbook . . . stuff like that. . .
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
Hey Tom,

Ichazod said there were people in front, and people on the side. You're talking 'el groupo magica' huh?
Always better performing in a crowd eh, you whacky guy you!
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
Baz94
View Profile
New user
Kent/Eng
91 Posts

Profile of Baz94
I'd start with the ambitious card routine and go on from there.
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
If the van isn't moving and the steering wheel has a relatively thin rim, you could reach across to the steering wheel and link and unlink an elastic band to it.

And of course doing that while the van is moving could be even more magical. But I'd love to hear you trying to explain it to the police.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
you could predict the color of the next stop light. Ask a friend to name anyone of the three colors, Green, Yellow, or Red, as you approach the light, as soon as they mention it, you tell them to look up quickly at the light as you are approaching it.

Ask someone in the car that is not looking at the same side as you are looking at to name either a mazda, nissan, or a ford... as they name it, tell them to turn around and look at the car to the right of them,
..depending where they are sitting.

You have come to a stop at the light..., ask a spectator in the car to think of either a woman, homeless person, a man, or a dog... If there is a homeless transexual on the corner with a dog you are in luck. If not force one of them on your spectator.

Make a prediction in the van, that in the next 5 seconds we will hit a pot hole.

Predict the van will be stoped by a police officer within the next minute. This may take an accomplice.... or not.

I believe no explanation is required for most of these. If yes just let me know
...telepathically.

E-Leoni.
Drew from Spotlight
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
124 Posts

Profile of Drew from Spotlight
I’m ALWAYS prepared to do a few minutes with rubber bands (more than just rubber cuffs). The angles aren’t a problem for me with this and I can get at least 5 – 10 minutes out of two bands.

I also always carry a TT and a silk. I’m sure I can get a minute or two with that.

Usually I would also have a deck of cards with me so I agree with a previous poster that an Ambitious Card routine would work well also.

If I got that far I carry the Mind Spy Wallet as my everyday wallet so I can end the Ambitious Card routine with a Card to Wallet and move into a prediction of some sort. My favorite impromptu prediction to do is The Invisible Book Test.

Great Topic
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
OMG E-Leoni, this was SO funny!!!!
"You have come to a stop at the light..., ask a spectator in the car to think of either a woman, homeless person, a man, or a dog... If there is a homeless transexual on the corner with a dog you are in luck. If not force one of them on your spectator."
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Thanks for brightening an otherwise drab day! =)
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Sticking with E-leoni's answer, but draining all the humor, you can do a mental epic-like forecast with three pieces of paper and a pen. You write something down and drop it into the ashtray next to the driver. You then ask someone to call out the first license plate number they see. they call it out and you have them remember it. Now you write something and put it in the ashtray. Ask someone to call out the first street sign or address they see. Last one, you write something and drop it in the ashtray. Ask the driver to call out any position on his steering column: park, drive, neutral, reverse... through a series of equivoque the neutral control is left. They open up the papers and all the predictions are true.
Now, what if you could prepare in advance. Let's see, you are going to a drive-thru window and just as you approach you say, "I see a young man named Kevin. he has a stain near his nametag. We will get an extra burger in our order." All this comes true. So how much do you think it will cost to pay off this employee to do all this?
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
tylergrey
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of tylergrey
i have made it so that any of my effects can be used in any situation. Choose effects that are easy and don't require lazer beam concentration(cause you're in a car and there are a lot of distractions.

tyler
tylergrey
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of tylergrey
i have made it so that any of my effects can be used in any situation. Choose effects that are easy and don't require lazer beam concentration(cause you're in a car and there are a lot of distractions.

tyler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What to do in the backseat? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL