The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 5 min w/ a pocket handkerchief review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
quick review: get it.
longer review: I love this, some people have posted here that it is only good for little kids. WRONG. It is great for all kinds of audiences. I performed it yesterday for some adults and college students and they loved it. I didn't include some of the gags but it was great. One girl screamed when the mouse leaped at her. It looks so realistic. The best part is that it is nothing but a handkerchief (no gimmicks, IT etc) it's a whole routine with gags.etc that fits in your pocket easily.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I have heard that this is really good, I just may have to order it!

Thanks!
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
It's really good. The explanation of the magic mouse fold is worth the price alone.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Yes, order it! The mouse looks SOOOOO good. You have to see it.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Until I purchased the video, I really thought there were threads involved. It looks that good.

Brian

Quote:
On 2003-06-16 12:50, redstreak wrote:
I performed it yesterday for some adults and college students and they loved it.

Out of curiousity, how much time did you put into practicing making the mouse, and making the mouse look alive, before performing?

I'd love to do it some time, since it's so portable. I played around with a bit last year, but never pursued it.

Brian
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Actually not very long. I havn't performed it in a real routine yet, I didn't think that I was good enough. But I was at a party and everybody begged for me to do a trick and it was all I had.

I was surprised at how realistic it looked with so little practice. Everyody is asking to see "the mouse trick" now.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Quentin Reynolds’ “5-Minutes With a Pocket Handkerchief” is brilliant. It is well produced and easily understood. Quentin’s years of performing experience shows in his selection of tricks to make this routine work!

It is funny that most of the tricks on the video are found in Martin Gardner’s “Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic”. That includes the making of the mouse. The only trick not in the “Encyclopedia” is the curtain trick that ends the routine. In fact the mouse, the stretching hank, and the falling hank gag can be found in a couple of youth oriented sources

The beauty of this tape, aside from it being super-convenient and brilliant in teaching the routine, is the way he has taken the different tricks and melded them into an excellent routine. Watching this experienced professional at work and studying his selection of tricks and how he progresses from one trick/gag to the next are the hidden treasures of this tape.

I agree with redstreak that it can play well for adults. I have used the routine in a bar to much laughter and squeals of delight (with the mouse)
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I just got it and it is great. I will learn this and try it on my friends and their kids. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 5 min w/ a pocket handkerchief review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL