The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Last minute change to type of performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
A good repeat corporate client e-mailed me yesterday to say he wanted to give me a heads up that they want me to be on the main stage for 30 minutes as part of my traditional two hour walk around gig at their employee Christmas party. He ended with let me know if this is ok?

I e-mailed back that it would be no problem if he intended for me to perform my close-up magic and twist balloons on or around the main stage for 30-minutes but if he wanted a 30 minute stage show it takes quite a bit more preparation. Also I need my sound system, and my fee structure is much different. I've not gotten a reply back. Think it is time to make a phone call.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Well that was easy. That was 24 hours of worrying for nothing. I made a phone call and explained the difference in what they were asking and they went for the stage show and close-up. I more than doubled my orginal fee. Merry Christmas!!!
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
You did the right thing... Congratulations!!
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Thanks Greg,

They agreed so quickly that I know I left money on the table. Still it pays darn well and if I give a solid performance I'll have it again next year at more than twice the fee I have charged them in past few years. I just had that sinking feeling I had crossed a line but after explaining the difference in what they were requesting it, I got an immediate, OK great, just send us a new invoice and please bring a guest for dinner if you like. Just about the easiest negotiation I've ever taken part in. Overall, a lovely day.
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
Good for you Derrick.

It just shows you that there are people who don't mind paying for quality. Since they were pleased with your past performances, they know what to expect.

Max
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Last minute change to type of performance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL