The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AOA on DVD - Harris and Houchin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I don't know about you guys, but hearing that Wayne issued a terse "no comment" makes me think that this DVD is delayed a lot more than a month or two -- that is, if it ever comes out at all.

Having said that, I also think that if creators use the Café to generate hype and anticipation then it's only reasonable that they'd come back to inform people if plans have changed.
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
I hope this comes out
wayne houchin is a great performer and teacher

and I also didn't care that PH didn't perform most of the tricks on TA.. I actually liked more the way they did it.. seeing bro, gerrard, matthew, McBride, smith and houchin performing for real audiences was way better for me.

williammartin
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon
12 Posts

Profile of williammartin
Wayne was in Portland this last weekend for Magic Jam 2010, along with Daryl, Whit Haydn, and Doc Eason. During a Q & A session on Sunday, I believe Wayne commented that the project was "dead." If anyone else in attendance has a different take on this, feel free to chime in.
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
Quote:
On 2010-09-27 17:52, williammartin wrote:
Wayne was in Portland this last weekend for Magic Jam 2010, along with Daryl, Whit Haydn, and Doc Eason. During a Q & A session on Sunday, I believe Wayne commented that the project was "dead." If anyone else in attendance has a different take on this, feel free to chime in.

I wasn't there but he told me it also was probably not going to happen, or at least not anytime soon.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
That's disappointing. I was really looking forward to this project.
W:H
View Profile
V.I.P.
222 Posts

Profile of W:H
Hello my friends,

I too am disappointed. Paul's work has meant a lot to me personally and the opportunity to be a part of this project was a dream come true. Aaron Fisher and I spent over a year working on the concept and preparing the material. I spent 3 months in production & post-production on the first DVD, but when it was all done... We weren't happy with the finished product. The material is great, the performances and teaching turned out great... But it just didn't feel right without Paul performing or teaching.

We filmed a nice set of interviews with Paul that strung the video together, but when Aaron & I (along with a few of our friends) watched the finished piece - it just didn't meet our expectations. It was hard for us to identify why the video didn't work. The magic is fantastic and the performances we got on camera were entertaining and fun. In the end, we all wanted to see more of Paul.

This project was a huge challenge. Having spent so much time and energy producing this, it was a tough decision to shelve the project. It is certainly possible to produce a set of DVDs that does AOA justice, and perhaps in the future we can pickup where we left off and make this happen. As of now, Paul is traveling (as am I) and the last thing I want to do is release a set of videos that I'm not 100% happy with - Paul's material and the AOA books are too important.

I appreciate all the support and kind words. Thank you. Perhaps in the future things will work out differently. Thanks again, if you have any specific questions you can email me here: Wayne@waynehouchin.com

WH
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Wayne, thanks for signing in here with this update. I'm sorry these won't be coming out, but I kind of understand. There is a kind of ineffable quality to much of that material as well as a kind of mystique both it and the project in general have accumulated over the years. I remember saying here when "True Astonishments" came out that the whole was clearly more than the sum of its parts. So yes, unless you manage to capture the intangible, it's probably not worth releasing because the effects are already in print. That said, I hope you do manage to do it someday, or that what you have shot and the Harris interviews come out perhaps in some other form.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Twisting The Aces is tried and true, but I loved and now use Wayne's handling from his Art Of Magic DVD.

I would have liked to see him perform and teach Paul's material.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ken Lam
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Ken Lam
It would be great if we can still have a look at the performances!
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
That's a great idea. Can you post all the performances and Paul Harris' interviews on youtube or your website Wayne? We would really welcome that. Please do it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AOA on DVD - Harris and Houchin (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL