The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Spoonaround - Anyone provide a review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Anyone who has purchased this care to provide a review?
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
Axel Hecklau took a prop that has been around for a while, designed it to function much better and then found a way to use it (in the mouth) that is 1000 times better than the original.

I highly recommend it!

Kevin
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
The online demos show exactly what this effect is and how it looks when performed. Axel shows a studio performance and a live show performance available to view.

The prop is based on something that has been around for years. Axel says he found the old prop wasn't usable for the effect it was originally sold for and redesigned it and came up with a completely different effect for it.

I never cared for the old effect of the spoon and fork changing places while in the pocket but I was very impressed with Axel's take on this.

A spoon is placed into the mouth and turned around using your hand. This is then repeated without using your hands and when the spoon is removed from your mouth it is seen to have changed into a fork.

The gimmick is well made, the routine well thought out, the handling pretty straight forward and easy to do, and the instructions on the dvd are clear, comprehensive, well presented and easy to follow.

I have read elsewhere that some people think this item is overpriced. I am sure that this is because they are comparing it to the other (cheaper) version of the same basic prop. However the other versions I have seen of this prop are just that.... cheaper and having the flaws that Axel points out. They are consequently not as workable.

It's always a hard thing to put a value on something. I already have a place allotted for this effect in my show and I am more than happy to part with my money for Axel's idea using this prop. The fact that my money also gets me an excellent and well manufactured prop with which to perform the effect is, for me, a bonus.

Recommended.

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
314 Posts

Profile of A.J.
Does Alex have a website where he sell this item? I'm interested.

A.J.
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
A.J.

Here you go. Tell us what you think if you get it.

http://www.axelhecklau-shop.com/product_......v5hfi1em

Jeremy
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
314 Posts

Profile of A.J.
Jeremy,

Thanks so much. If I order, I will do a review for everyone.

A.J.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2009-12-03 19:07, Sealegs wrote:
The online demos show exactly what this effect is and how it looks when performed. Axel shows a studio performance and a live show performance available to view.

A spoon is placed into the mouth and turned around using your hand. This is then repeated without using your hands and when the spoon is removed from your mouth it is seen to have changed into a fork.

The gimmick is well made, the routine well thought out, the handling pretty straight forward and easy to do, and the instructions on the dvd are clear, comprehensive, well presented and easy to follow.

Recommended.

Neal

Neal has given you a review. It is excellent. Resets in seconds. Great for close-up too.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Though the prop is not new, it has been redesigned & refined by Axel for a better, more practical and ease of handling. The prop is much reliable now.

Axel has put in a lot of thought so as to make the performance enjoyable & entertaining. Nice performance.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I have.

I like it

It's good.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I don't think you can make a bad purchase with this guy .. His stuff is fantastic... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
I've just bought it and I have to say it's brilliant! Easy to do (once you've got used to turning a large spoon in your mouth) and I've some great reactions. As a hobbyist performing for friends & family who've seen loads, I can honestly say I've had jaws hit the floor, wonderful!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
166 Posts

Profile of limkris
Another happy customer.
The slight modifications of the original gimmick make a huge difference!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Spoonaround - Anyone provide a review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL