The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Tricky situation! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
Hey Café,

I was visiting the local comedy club, and realized that I have a gig in that same room this weekend. The problem is that the bar extends out really far and then there is about 5 feet walk space and the small stage. The pillars on the bar will cause limited visibilty for those in cheap seats. Immediately following the show people will begin arriving for the comedy club! What to do?

Thanks Charles
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
What can you do? If you're a pro, make it work the best you can.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
I don't understand Charles. If the crowd is coming in after your show, who are you performing for?
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Take it as a lesson and next time ask the client more about the venue and even make an appointment to check it out well before hand. Doing this would allow you more time to figure things out.

As MindPro said, make it work for you. Get out in the crowd.
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
It was in a different room,and everything worked out great!!!
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
I know I am a little late on this but "you make the room work for you". When I used to do college shows, there was no rule as to what a stage was. Glad things worked out well for you.

Charlie
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-12-07 11:28, trickychaz wrote:
Hey Café,

I was visiting the local comedy club, and realized that I have a gig in that same room this weekend. The problem is that the bar extends out really far and then there is about 5 feet walk space and the small stage. The pillars on the bar will cause limited visibilty for those in cheap seats. Immediately following the show people will begin arriving for the comedy club! What to do?

Thanks Charles

About 20 minutes.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2009-12-21 02:12, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-07 11:28, trickychaz wrote:
Hey Caf�,

Thanks Charles

About 20 minutes.

Rim Shot
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Naw not really. That was exactly what Jay Marshal told me when I asked a similar question.

"They are not really paying attention, they are talking loud, the conditions are almost impossible, what would YOU do Jay". His answer "Bout 20 minutes."

In other words, get on, get on with it, and get out. Magicians psyche themself out too easily with 'conditions'.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-12-21 22:20, Dannydoyle wrote:
Naw not really. That was exactly what Jay Marshal told me when I asked a similar question.

"They are not really paying attention, they are talking loud, the conditions are almost impossible, what would YOU do Jay". His answer "Bout 20 minutes."

In other words, get on, get on with it, and get out. Magicians psyche themself out too easily with 'conditions'.

I'm one of them!
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well then let me recomend you stop LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Tricky situation! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL