The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » 2010-2011 Lecture Notes "Anomaly" booklet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
10 effects plus a bonus effect.
7 card effects
1 new force
a "coin delivery system" instructions on how to make this device
a clever silk vanish instructions
gimmicks supplied for effects except for a couple that you make up yourself but very inexpensively.
Card stock bound
25 pages with clear, easy to follow photos

"Invisible Opener" is an invisible deck type effect but with an ordinary (borrowed if you'd like) deck. At first I almost passed on this, then with deck in hands following instructions it all came together.
It is a very very clever handling and one worth a look at.

"South of the Border" is one you'll wonder why you never thought of it yourself.
A card is thought of, your prediction card has been on table already.
The deck is gone through, the thought of card set next to the prediction.
When turned over they match.

These were a couple of my favorites in these new lecture notes from Bob Solari.
Available at his site http://www.bobsolarimagic.com
$19.95
A great bargain considering what you get and that it includes gimmicks needed.
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
I got these notes the other day and was very impressed.

I think "Invisible Opener" (mentioned above) is a great trick that could be even better if you also incorporated a mem deck into it. But even if you didn't, you have a solid worker item.

I also enjoyed "Jack Robatic" which uses one of those "why didn't I think of that" methods ! The effect is that you slip a face up jack between 2 face up queens, square the pack and lock it with a padlock (there are holes in the cards that allow the padlock to pass through them.) When you snap, the jack in the middle is now face down. Very clever

I will admit that I have watched Bob perform "The New Jersey Experiment" for a couple years and am a little upset he is tipping it. It is a solid transposition effect with a very good presentation.

If you are looking for solid material that is not knuckle-busting, then go to http://www.bobsolarmagic.com and drop down $20........you'll be glad you did.

David
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Yes I had purchased New Jersey experiment in the past and wish I had gotten the notes first - it is a strong effect and to be included in the lecture notes is a big plus for anyone who doesn't have it yet.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
I know Bob and no, he hasn't asked me to say anything. Heck, I haven't even seen the product yet, but Bob produces stuff that makes you want to hit your forehead with your hand and say "why didn't I think of that?" My xmas list just got bigger, thanks for the partial reviews.

Charlie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » 2010-2011 Lecture Notes "Anomaly" booklet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL