The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Need TT that fits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Hello I am looking for a TT that fits me . I have small hands for a guy but for some reason the TTs I have are too tight. I have a Vernet King size and large. They are difficult to ditch. Perhaps because both of my thumbs have previous injuries the joint is a bit wider. If any one can give me some advice it is much appreciated as I need one for a new effect thanks!
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Put the TT in very hot water. It will soften so you can stretch it.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Hi I did try that but but still no luck. I always thought that works only on the soft type? I do appreciate it !
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
It has always worked with Vernets for me. The water must be real hot. I actually boiled mine. Tap water does not get hot enough.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Pk I have been trying hot tap water. Do you think it will make it wider?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
When you heat it up, stuff something in it to stretch it out. I've used the handle of a screwdriver.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Hey that's a good idea. It is so annoying knowing it fits the left thumb. I guess Ill place it in boiling water and put something in there . I let you all know . Thanks
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Sorry, I assumed you knew to put something in it to stretch it out. I have used a pair of pliers, put the pliers in closed then open the pliers up.
Chain spreaders work better but most people don't have them.

Alec
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Let me ask do any of you have this problem? I mean I have small hands the Vernet king size takes up my whole thumb but it still is tight. The one I am trying to resize has a gimmick that I had to undo to resize.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
The tip is not meant to go past the first joint.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Hi Manal, I remember when I was younger my tip went slightly past the first joint. The one I need to use now does feel really tight and if it falls off again I have to repair it . Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Once again, the TT is not suppose to fit on your thumb completely. Just the tip! If the TT falls off that is good as you can use it with silks and wedge it in place.

I wear a size 10 glove, the Vernet TT fits my Thmmp exactly, meaning fully on to the end of the tip. So I have to be careful that suction does not keep it from working properly.

The TT is never seen by an audience except you can show your hands toward the audience with your fingers pointing toward their eyes, but only for a second as in gestering while talking. It should be kept behind the hand or palm and/or fingers at all times.

Note: Everything fit better when we were younger, but your TT was not fitting properly if it went over the 1st joint.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Thanks ! I sent you a pm Wmhegbli and Manal. Both for different reasons.
aitchy
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of aitchy
I use a vernet finger tip as a thumb tip
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
I heard of using a finger tip as a thumb tip. Have no experience with it. I realize now it was really an error on my part. I was trying to get the tip past my 1st joint. Its not happening nor should it. But thanks for the "tip" (sorry)Ill look in to it as well.
augustas
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of augustas
I placed my Vernet TT into a boiling water, and probably I kept it too long (5-10 sec) - as a result the TT shrank 3-4 times, and the connection of the plastic opened (made a hole) on the right side of the TT nail.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2010-03-05 00:35, augustas wrote:
I placed my Vernet TT into a boiling water, and probably I kept it too long (5-10 sec) - as a result the TT shrank 3-4 times, and the connection of the plastic opened (made a hole) on the right side of the TT nail.

Your VERNET tip did that ?! Weird . I've put Vernet tips in boiling water for up to 20 seconds and had no problem with them shrinking or splitting. I wonder if you've got a tip that isn't actually a Vernet , but is made from some different plastic material. I've never known a Vernet to react to hot water like that.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Just to be clear, a TT should go TO the knuckle, not OVER the knuckle. Just a bit past the nail. Further than that you run into problems such as suction causing it to stick in place, not having enough room in the tip for a load, etc.

The reason people want to put it on farther down the thumb than that is because they feel guilty and worry it will be noticed and they'll get caught. Practice with it, read up on it, get Gary Darwin's books and DVDs on it, and you'll understand and get comfortable with its proper use.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
augustas
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of augustas
Quote:
On 2010-03-08 15:47, David Todd wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-05 00:35, augustas wrote:

Your VERNET tip did that ?! Weird.

It was the Soft version of the TT. Maybe it is made from different material, so it reacts quicker to the heat.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Need TT that fits (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL