The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Other than chair suspension......... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
I know we all love the chair suspension. I am looking for a non assistant large stage illusion for kids. What would you recommend?
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Super X is pretty good.

I don't do it myself but I think it's less scary to the Spectator and it looks better because the volunteer is more upright. Get a solid one.

-Mary Mowder
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
493 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
If you have the money I guess the Zaney Blaney Ladder Levitation would be a great illusion:

http://www.walterblaney.com/illusions/historyll.html
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Where in your show do you want it and how much splash are you looking for? Do you use an assisant or is this intended to be solo?

Dan.
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
A guillotine, sword through neck.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Visible Sawing in Half.
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
I've performed this with volunteers from the audience. http://www.tabmantables.com/lglass.html
Also the French Guillotine http://www.tabmantables.com/fguillo.html
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
I use the cube2 from creative magic in lots of shows, birthdays included. Gets a very good reaction and the child becomes a star to their friends. Loading it is easy, just have the mom take all the children for a "tour" around the house right before the show. Then you can put the birthday child inside for the grand opening illusion!

My routine for bday child production goes along the line of, "I will now make this very large box disappear! Didn't work? Let's see what happens when I put this red box inside the silver one. Still didn't work? Well, I didn't like the silver box anyway, let's take it away and vanish the red box. Still didn't work? Let's put this red box away and do something else." And just like that, the bday child magically appears!

-Wes Holly-
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2009-12-14 12:57, Wes Holly wrote:
I use the cube2 from creative magic in lots of shows, birthdays included. Gets a very good reaction and the child becomes a star to their friends. Loading it is easy, just have the mom take all the children for a "tour" around the house right before the show. Then you can put the birthday child inside for the grand opening illusion!

My routine for bday child production goes along the line of, "I will now make this very large box disappear! Didn't work? Let's see what happens when I put this red box inside the silver one. Still didn't work? Well, I didn't like the silver box anyway, let's take it away and vanish the red box. Still didn't work? Let's put this red box away and do something else." And just like that, the bday child magically appears!

-Wes Holly-

Wes, that is a terrific post! Thank you!!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
braddevant
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of braddevant
Steinmeyer's Hot Air
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Other than chair suspension......... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL