The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A question concerning the big K (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Got 'em in Dallas area and they have upgraded. They are quite nice and have large grocery sections.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Three left in Massachusetts.
Only 2 kcg5's unfortunately.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Now we are talking..

There can be only ONE!!! (kcg5..)

Nice call, critter. I bet we would both look like hasidic diamond merchants.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
My closest K-Mart is 80 miles away and it does not bother me a bit.

I have never entered a K-Mart that was clean. Clothing department completely destroyed. Boxes open with food laying over the floor. Don't get me started on their little food area. I have always gotten sick eating there.

We are better off without.

As always,
Dylan
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I can attest to some nice (and clean) K-Marts in central Ohio and Ft. Myers Florida...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2009-12-17 01:17, Juliegel wrote:
My closest K-Mart is 80 miles away and it does not bother me a bit.

I have never entered a K-Mart that was clean. Clothing department completely destroyed. Boxes open with food laying over the floor. Don't get me started on their little food area. I have always gotten sick eating there.

We are better off without

As always,
Dylan
The ones you have been into were obviously run and staffed by moron's. Plus not checked on very often by district managers so the whole operation in the area where you have been to them in must have been run by morons from the top down. I'm not saying K-Mart is a classy place by any means but where ever the ones are you have been too are not the rule but the exception.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
K mart is big in places like Chicago, where Wal-Mart can't seem to figure out who to bribe to get in.

They have been making pretty bad business decisions for years. They would hire a new CEO, he would have a vision, and then just about the time they are finishing spending the money on his vision, they get another with his own vision. Go figure it was a new vision and cost a ton of money.

That combined with the way they did accounting, (in receiving the figured out that if they removed some of the unnecessary paper in the paper work coppies, they would save several hundred thousand bucks a year) and ordering set them back. The warehouse would not rotate stock right at the stores. So they order in all the Christmas stuff, put out what they can and the rest is in back. Then half way through Christmas they get a shipment of the stuff for next season comming up. Nobody would pull the Christmas stuff out, put the new stuff in the back, and then put back Christmas, they just piled it in front of Christmas. So when it came time to restock, they would think they were out, and re ORDER, thus putting all that great stock in the warehouse on clearance the next season. Pretty sad really.

Sears was one company that really took forever to get to the 20th century. They lost LOTS of money because they were the last ones to decide to put cash registers near the door, instead of each department. Craftsman may be a big reason they are still out and about.

I thought it was odd to take 2 companies, that were basically floundering, and try to make one.

I have seen some very dirty K-Mart stores, but also some dirty Wal-Mart as well. It depends on who is staffing it at the time is all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
The Kmart in NYC seems busy .... so does the one in Queens NYC .
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Quote:
On 2009-12-16 09:15, Skip Way wrote:
We have a few still in the Raleigh, NC area - mostly in the lower income areas. I haven't been to one in years...but then, I avoid WalMart like the plague, as well.

The politically correct term is "economicially disadvantaged locales" -- not "lower income areas." Smile
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
Chessman,

Where in Dallas/FW have you seen a Big K? I haven't seen one in years.

I was really surprised that KMart was able to buy Sears so soon after KMart emerged from being bankrupt.

Sears biggest strength is in Kenmore and Craftsman. I don't think people buy many clothes and jewelry at Sears. Wal Mart has tied up the "low cost" niche, while Target has tied up the "nicer than Wal Mart but still affordable" niche. Don't know what is still left to make KMart stand out. I don't see it working out well for them in the end. Sears should just stick to appliances and tools.
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
The one in Muskogee is still going strong
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Like Dairy Queen, we still have a few, far-flung stores.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
I wish Tower Records would've never gone out of business. <sigh>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A question concerning the big K (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL