The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » What would be your formula for the IDEAL Convention? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
What would be your formula for the IDEAL SAM Convention?

This question focuses on, "What your formula would be for the ideal convention". One you couldn't resist going!

This is brainstorming..
Keep in mind what you want to "walk away with" after the convention.
What could SAM do to entice you register early because you know it will be a sell out?
Dennis Michael
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
A small stage or showroom for the dealers to demonstrate his products, and lectures that don't be as the same time of other interesting activities.
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Hansel

Great Idea, I had exactly that in the Dealers room for 5 consecutive years. We had fun with it. They have been doing that at Abbott's for a very long time as well. Like I said, we can do a show, be we need to be scheduled as an event, not just a way to pay the bills. But if we are, then there are so many other possibilities as well to make it a prmiere event, and so much more fun. When I first introduced that concept in Las Vegas, there were two handicapped atendees in wheel chairs. Having a mic, and a crowd, and since it was their idea, we had a dragstrip style drag race in the dealer room, it was hysterical. Mary Laflin dropped the yellow silk to signal the start of the race, hundreds of people lined the dragstrip and cheering them on, the male participant even tried to cheat amd knock his opponent off the tract, that was George Lentros. You had to be there but it was so funny, and all in good fun. They had the time of their lives. We gave prizes. There were many other fun times like that. Hopefully that returns, and ideas like that. I am sure they will.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

The Dealer's Show in the Dealer Room is an excellent idea. It should have schedule times so an individual who may not be very interested in what the lecture is about has an alternative. The difficult part would be wanting not to miss both or missing a great item a dealer is demoing. A scheduled time just for dealers should be standard.

This is one of many great ideas. Keep them coming.
Dennis Michael
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Workshops so learning can take place.
A workshop is not a lecture, it is a hands on event that attendees need to pre-register and sign-up for the event.

Such as:

• A Workshop on getting your video on You-Tube.
  • A Workshop on what needs to be done to create a great video for your website.
  • A Workshop on getting a Website on the Internet.
  • A Workshop on how do fan a deck of cards or other specific basic card effects.
  • A Workshop on Sponge Balls or Miser's Dream (Coin Productions)

If any of these sound interesting to you let SAM know here! Some key people do read these postings.
Dennis Michael
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
A Workshop on getting your unauthorized videos OFF You-Tube

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Simply write a tell them the performance is protected and unauthorized.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Is not the same to see the magic on the shelf or table that been very well performed by ( in some cases ) his creations!
I vote for the " Dealers Stage"...
My best always,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
My ideal convention would never happen in real life just because it wouldn't make any money.

1.) Lectures on all types of magic including Bizarre Magick, Mentalism, Comedy Magic, Kid Show Magic, and Closeup.

2.) Teach-Ins on acting, stage craft, how to tell a compelling story, and how to command a presence while on stage or in a living room.

3.) Mini mectures on some of the allied arts (juggling, balloon twisting, chapaugraphy, stilt walking, ventriliquism)

4.) An "Open Stage" invoronment where anyone can get up on stage and perform for 7 minutes, with an MC/moderator to tell the attendees that ther is another act coming up and to introduce them.

5.) The same as above for close-up in a different room.

6.) Activities for kids and wives (who are not into magic) to do while thiers counterparts are otherwise involved.

Just some of my ideas!

S. Patrick
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

S. Patrick

Great ideas, however each would require a conference in itself.
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » What would be your formula for the IDEAL Convention? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL