The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » List of comedy hats for kid shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
492 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Hi everybody,

what comedy hats did you use with sucess in your kid shows?

My hats are:

1) Bongo Hat - a paper hat gets bigger and bigger when you put it on the head of a child. And finally there is a picture of an ugly monster.

2) Top Hat to Rabbit - a top hat changes into the head of a rabbit and you can put this rabbit head on the head of a child.

3) Cooking hat - put the (big enough) cooking hat on the head of a child, look away and let the hat slide over the face of the child. FUNNY.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Hats Incredible...The corrogated cardboard shapeable hat.
It can do much more than just hats.

I also use:

"Frank Sinatra" type black hat
Derby
Duck hat with sunglasses attached
Ram's head hat
Stocking hat which won't stay on Nigel, the puppet that rocks and talks.

These days I choose to wear the hats, rather than put them on children. A personal choice. Let's try to concentrate on hats rather than pro's and cons of putting things on kids.

Harris

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
The hat you produce from the paper hat tears always works well for me. More times than not the kid will keep the hat on his or her head after they go back to thier seat. I try to stick with the Wizard hat for a boy, and the girls seem just as happy wearing a Wizard hat or the sun bonnet.
Bob.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
A wizard Tear
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
That crumpled old thing on my head in my avatar. It's actually a fairly expensive jugglers top hat but there's a whole heap of gags, magic and stunts one can do with it which make it more versatile than any hat trick out there.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Top Hat / Jack Sparrow's Pirate Hat / Santa's Hat that's too big for their head
Ali Bongo's Hat - original and the new Santa one
Top Hat to Rabbit
£1 pirate's hats, witches hats

I also use:-
Rudolph's antlers
masks of animal faces
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
BIGmagiclV
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of BIGmagiclV
I use these hats in this order:

bunny ears-birthday cake hat that says "lets party!"-sailors cap (where I have them sing "YMCA") and then the magicians hat, which is too big and goes over the face.

Since the magic phrase I use is "Pepperoni Pizza", I actually found a hat that is a pepperoni pizza! the keeper of the magic phrase gets to wear it.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I haven't used any hats for years but I do think they can add fun to a show.

If I did use one I'd stick to tissue paper tear hats because of endemic lice problems in the schools and elsewhere. If not maybe sprays or hat liners would work but that doesn't seem fun.

Parents and Teachers are trying to teach kids not to share head gear of all kinds. Lice problems are a social problem for kids and the bad memories that can last years. It can also be big money problem for families on a tight budget (those shampoos and sprays aren't cheap).

-Mary Mowder the Party Pooper (not my stage name)
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I agree with the lice issue. I am currently doing big bag o' blitzen. I have purchased around 100 antlers and sponge noses for this reason. I use them once then it goes in a bag for next year. Any potential problems will be gone by then and I will also be using an anti bacterial spray.
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Animal hats
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Viking helmet - I saw one years ago that was made of plastic, with rotatable horns and a boar's head molded into the front. For adults, I was thinking of getting some of the S.S. Adams doggie cigs and sticking it in the mouth of the boar, so it appears to be smoking it. For kids, I would probably point one horn up and the other down, for a comedic effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » List of comedy hats for kid shows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL